It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

stargrave HB Userstargrave HB User
Quick Help Needed.

Hi everyone

Today I took half of my VNG test, trying to find out what's wrong with me, curiously enough I've had a bad day today, stress+flu=bad combination for VN and such.

Unfortunately(and here is and advice, check your ears before the test) I've got some wax blocking my ears, and it should be removed before I took the caloric test(same googles, but with water pumped through your ears), so my new first appointment with the doctor moved to March 2...

So I have to hold on again with my dizziness, and no anti-vert pill for 10 more days to take the tests free of it's effects, so if anyone know a true effective emergency VRT exercise(mine usually get me some relief), please drop me a line.

I'm still unofficially diagnosed, two ENT's based on my sympthoms told me BPPV for my first and strongest vertigo attack, like 15 months ago, and then VN in a milder recurrence last summer, but with no real tests, and since I have a Migraine history, there is another suspect there...

Being on and off VRT, with 100% weeks and months, to a month and a half since January this year with a lot of ups and downs, and I'm on a real down right now, dizzy, quick vertigo spins all of a sudden, and unsteady...

Any quick advice, or exercise. to hold on, with no medication for the next 10 days until my next appointment?

Thanks a lot, cheers to all.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

comeandrelax HB User
Re: Quick Help Needed.

hello

what exactly is a vng test? how is it done? 10 days must seem like forever without meds but you will get through. i usually just tell myself....ive had this for 5 months and i made it this far. don't know how...but i did.

did you say that ear wax could interfere with eng test? thats interesting. my ears always itch with wax and i wonder if it affected mine at all

good luck and let us know an update

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

stargrave HB Userstargrave HB User
Re: Quick Help Needed.

VNG test is a balance test, where they put you some googles with high resolution cameras, to check out your eye movements, searching for nystagmus and jerky motion who could tell if something is wrong with your inner ear.(I believe there is some info about it on the net, and here in the forums too)

You need to take no anti-vert, anti-flu, anti-anxiety and such for at least 3 days prior to the test, but they told me one week is better, of course no alcohol, caffeine, etc...

The problem with ear wax is that one part of the test involves cold and hot water pumped trough your ear to measure it's response, so if your ear is filled with wax(like mine) you just can't take the test.

Unfortunately for me, this week I've got some aggravated dizziness, lightheadiness, and stuff, so I'll have to deal with them until my next test, and of course I need to work to pay the bills so I can't just sit down and wait till it's over....

Closed Thread