It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 08:56 AM   #1
(female)

Tiff22 HB User
heaviness, ear fluid!?

sorry i have so many questions and so many complaints.

anyway, along with my constant lightheadedness (which i was told is due to a virus that went into my inner ear), i sometimes feel as though my body is VERY heavy. It feels like i cannot move very quickly, and my arms and legs are hard to lift. this usually happens when my head feels very foggy and stuffy. along with this, i feel very weak like my legs will not be able to hold me up (even though they can). usually, my eyes feel like there is pressure behind them and my vision seems blurry, even though i know it is not because i can read words clearly. i used to just feel like this when i would take a walk, which i still have trouble doing (and cant do it by myself), and thought it might be some axiety, which i have due to the dizziness. but now that i am managing my anxiety better, i dont know why i still feel this way sometimes, so i am convinced that this might be some inner ear symptoms and not just the anxiety. anyone else feel like this sometimes?

however, my dizziness does vary from day to day. its never gone, just better or worse. when it is really bad, although ive been doing good, my anxiety comes back. difficulty breathing and more dizziness is usually what happens. anyone know how to calm yourself down? i have been calming myself for the most part, its just when i get the TERRIBLE dizziness that i work myself up again.

also, not very often, maybe 3 times a month, i wake up and feel like there is fluid in my ear. i usually rub at my ear, and there IS a little bit of fluid that comes out. is this normal? i sometimes get scared about it, like some weird fluid is leaking out of my head (ok, no wonder i have anxiety with this!) this lso happens when my head feels extra stuffy. i just dont know if this is normal or not.

Tiff

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 01:04 PM   #2
(female)

AbitdizzE HB User
Re: heaviness, ear fluid!?

hi tiff...i have a similar thing going on with myself, i have been going thru this for 4 years now trying to pinpoint what it is exactly because mine comes and goes during the year and when it is going on it only lasts like 3-4 months, i get the dizziness, foggy head feeling, vision is blurry both of my eyes water like a faucet, heaviness in my arms but then the next hour its fine. I have seen an ENT and was diagnosed with ETD 3 years ago, and he gave me steroids (prednisone) to try and stregnthen the tubes, they got better so i left it at that, well it still comes back every year, and it tends to be when my allergies are at its worst, so after narrowing stuff down a million times. My doc put me on steroids two weeks ago and it didnt help but a tiny bit sooo last week i had her get me a referral to an allergist, so i seen her yesterday, she looked in my ears and nose and said, i have fluid behind my ears, ETD in both ears and my nose is really congested. Do you have allergies that triggers it worse? The allergist is gonna give me an allergy test where they poke your arm with the diff. allergies and see what you are allergic to, i want to know what triggers this every year, but its not until next month...ack! I am on effexor for my anxiety because of the foggy dizziness that goes on, i have tried to control it but sometimes i just cry because i want this all to be over with. I have the anxiety bad! I emailed my doctor today and asked for a referral to another ENT since the allergiest said all these things. I am hoping she approves it, i have a flight i need to catch the end of may and would love to at least be feeling better. I have heard of ENTs putting tubes in your ears to help with ETD, has anyone else? I hope you get to feeling better tif, cuz i know how u feel and this isnt a good feeling

Closed Thread