It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 06:56 AM   #1
(male)

Dizzyrascal HB User
Colds and its effects on dizziness

Hi All

Just got back from a holiday, where I felt 99% until catching a cold virus which has caused inflammation to my tonsils.As usual my dizziness has dropped to a crappy level, yet again.

I cant seem to have a period of 'good' without colds getting on the way.Are colds always going to keep setting me back, cos at this rate Im never going to get better.

I feel like Im constantly going in circles, sinbce getting this crap I have never had so many colds? This go for anyone else?

Will I ever fully recover and beat the cycle? I have had this for 12 and 1/2 months and just CANT EVER KICK THE DAMN THING AND IM LOSING HOPE of ever recovering fully!

This stuff is insane, being ill for years? Cant go on forever right?

You have to compensate in the end!

Any thoughts

God I feel like hell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2006, 03:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

firechick HB User
Re: Colds and its effects on dizziness

Hey
It's two steps forward and one back (okay, sometimes three back).
The key is you have had days at 99% so you know you will go back there again. Your brain is working with a deficit from the initial injury and is dealing with the loss of vestibular function left over by that. I liken it to recovering from a stroke, one part of your brain (or in this case your inner ear) is not working at full capacity, therefore the rest of the brain has to do that extra function or compensate for the loss of inner ear function. So when you go through any major stress, including a cold, the brain is taking on even more and the first thing it will give up is that added load, hence the decomp.
So bear with it, each time tends to be better and better, shorter and shorter. And each time you go through a stong period I believe we raise the bar on what we expect. If we could record what level our heads were really at I think we would find that we are actually functioning at a hight capacity that we think we are, but once you have a taste of that sweet compensation, you want more!!!
Drink water, move your body, and decomp will come! again...
FC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Just want to also say -- as I am in the middle of a cold and feeling miserable... That our Immune Systems take a beating with this thing leaving us more susceptible to catching bugs.... I think its better to be a germaphobe while dealing with this to avoid these types of setbacks.....

Old 10-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

stargrave HB Userstargrave HB Userstargrave HB User

I really cant tell if I'm having much more colds now than before, because colds ara quite a chronic condition in me.

I know that, closing to the 2 year mark with this, there are times that your bran can compenste quite well even for colds, so you feel like hell just for the cold alone, but not dizzy.

During my present "relapse" "decomp" or "new episode" form this year, I've been much more affected by the cold effects on my dizziness, and they sure give me hell, taking me down from a 99% much like yourself, to an awful level..., much like in the past weks.

I don't know if this thing actually makes your inmune system less efective or not, but, because of the dizzy side effects, I pay twice the attention to my colds than before, that's for sure.

Closed Thread