It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 11:17 AM   #1
(male)

Dizzyrascal HB User
the never ending saga and a question

Hi All

Just a quick question

I have had labs for nearly 13 months now and have been getting gradually better, but have many setbacks due to cold viruses.I always seem to get them and have nver had such a weak immune system since having labs, is this simlair for any of you?

Secondly- I have never had Vertigo, been bed ridden or not been able to walk, drive etc.I have just felt horrendous, with spaced out, off balance, stuffy head feeling and unfocused vision.Having had this for one month I woke up one day and was symptom free for 10 days, then it came back and have had it ever since.Do you guys know any reasons for this? Could I have got labs a second time round?

I am just really confused as to why I cant fully compensate and why it is taking me so long, since my symptoms were not disabling at the start, surely my ear cant be that damaged?

I just feel like I will never fully kick this beast out of my system and be back to normal.

Any advice/ thoughts would be appreciated.I just dont know how to proceed any more.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

stargrave HB Userstargrave HB Userstargrave HB User
Re: the never ending saga and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzyrascal
I have had labs for nearly 13 months now and have been getting gradually better, but have many setbacks due to cold viruses.I always seem to get them and have nver had such a weak immune system since having labs, is this simlair for any of you?.
Well I'm over 18 months(or so it seems), since my initial attack of 2004, with ayear almost free of Vertigo (2005). and like seven days or so clar this year, where I got a relapse, or hughe decomp, because my test didn't show a new event(doctor's opinion)

I'm always have been quite fragile in terms of colds allergies and studd, so being almos all year long ill it's nothing new to me, but being dizzy because of it sure is,a nd it's dreadful tohe point that I'm much more aware of my colds and stuff than before, and to my perception, I'm weaker than before, but this maybe is becaus eI pay doble attention to colds., in fear of the dizziness.

Quote:
Secondly- I have never had Vertigo, been bed ridden or not been able to walk, drive etc.I have just felt horrendous, with spaced out, off balance, stuffy head feeling and unfocused vision.Having had this for one month I woke up one day and was symptom free for 10 days, then it came back and have had it ever since.Do you guys know any reasons for this? Could I have got labs a second time round?
Opposite to you , I did start with strong rotational BPPV like vertigo, but during this 2006 "relapse", unbalance, fogginess an visual symptoms, are really my main concern and trouble. And aside for two days with that spinning present, I've been able to carry on a "normal" life too, I just feel terrible, like you.

And if you've read some of my posts I asked that exact same question, as one day, out of the blue I managed to get 5 days completely free this year, even as I've felt with a little cold(as usual) on those days, with no clear evidence whatsoever(no routine changes, no nothing) of what caused this, to do it again, and why did it stop, again all of the sudden, and I started to feel ill all over again.

I think it is not necesarilly a new episode, but a case of compensation/decomepnsation, but I'm as eager as you to find out what does this sudden "locking in&out from vertigo" means...

Quote:
I am just really confused as to why I cant fully compensate and why it is taking me so long
My same exact concern right now, and unfortunately, I don't have an answer for this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread