It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #1
(female)

rougeurbleu HB User
Question Labyrinthitis, now with ear pain

Hi everyone...new here...

After a week of feeling "swooshy" in my ears, and then intense dizziness for a few days, I went to the doctor and he said I have Labyrinthitis and that it would go away in a week. He told me to drink tons of water and to take Benadryl, which I only did once because it knocks me out for a good 24 hours. He said it was caused by allergies, which I didn't even know I had. Anyhow, it's been three weeks now and the dizziness is better at times, but when I move my head up and down a lot I get pretty dizzy and there are many random moments during the day when my ears get swooshy again (I can feel the fluid moving around or something and I can kinda hear it), especially when I'm sitting still for a while (which makes no sense to me).

What concerns me now though is that along with all this, I have some ear pain. It's not constant. I bent over the other day, leaning my head to one side to pick something up, and the ear closest to the floor instantly hurt. It went away moments after standing. I tried to lay on that ear that night in bed and it hurt too much. I can feel the swooshing much stronger in that ear as well. Now today the other ear is also hurting from time to time. I didn't think this was supposed to hurt. I'm wondering if I should go to the doctor? I'm having some financial troubles right now so I'd rather now if I don't have to or if I can wait. Anyone else had pain with this?

Thanks to anyone who can help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread