It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

Jill43 HB User
Dizziness From Neck

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone out there knows anything about dizziness as a result of neck pain and tightness? I have terrible neck pain that started after the initial bout of dizziness from the ear.

I just can seem to get rid of the tension in my neck. Have tried PT and chiropractor and nothing helps. Wondering if anyone else has this same problem and could offer any advise.

Thank you,
Jill

Old 11-01-2006, 06:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User
Re: Dizziness From Neck

Hi Jill,

Good to hear from you....I'll send you a message as I haven't been on the computer a whole lot, I guess for various reasons: nasty flu, feeling bad at times, busy with family birthdays and halloween festivities and just plainly trying to improve my mental health.

I'll chat with you more later to see how you are doing....I hope still improving despite this post.

Gloria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Yes,

I could get intense neck pain/stiffness in th eback of my neck which I would always use some type of balm to relieve... although it never does fully go away unless the dizziness was gone. I think it is the result of tension/stress from the dizzies.... Thats my take,

Old 11-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

Have you tried Neuontin or a muscle relaxer? I am having a similar thing but not really dizzy, just weird feeling and some pain that moves around in head. We now think it is from my neck. There are a bunch of nerves in the neck. Wish I had an answer. Neurologist gave me Neurontin but I haven't taken it yet. My PCP said I should as the muscles are full of nerves and it will allow the muscles to relax.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:53 AM   #5
(female)

Jill43 HB User

Thank you for your replies. No I have not tried Neurontin yet. I can't seem to get any help from any Dr. I go to. They all tell me to live with it. Living in constant pain is a really hard to do.

Thanks again and let me know if you try the Neurontin and if it helps you.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

I am really surprised that you haven't been given it. Right now I am trying Valium for muscle spasms but I have friends that swear by Neurontin so after I give my self a couple days with the Valium I am going to try it. Look it up on internet for more info and you might ask your PCP about it. It is very widely used and available generically. It is not a pain killer per se but calms the nerves endings which can kill the pain. It is very cheap.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:40 AM   #7
(female)

Jill43 HB User

I am going to the Dr. this afternoon so I will ask him about that. Thank you so much for your help.

Hope you are feeling well
Jill

Closed Thread