It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
(male)

athonypw HB User
Red face Ears/Nose Always Blocked Neck Feels Tight!!!...

Hi everyone, I am aware that there have been many posts with similar symptoms that I am going to post, but I felt that I needed to post mine on my own thread. Sorry for the auto biography, but I'm trying to give all the details I can recall.

Well anyway here goes. It first started out as just my ears, actually just my right one about 4/5 years ago. Feeling extremely blocked with a lot of pain/sensitivy to sound. It gradually progressed to my left ear too. About a year after this started I noticed my nose and forehead were feeling quite blocked as well. My mucus is always really thick. About a year ago I really noticed that my neck would feel tight all the time too and I feel fatigued, like my head weighs a thousand pounds! Those are my symptoms, but I will say that I have tried a lot of different things and I have seen about 8 different doctors on multiple occasions.

This part is the important part I think...there were two times when it felt like my ears "drained" the first time about 2 years ago. I had fluid rushing down the back of my throat for almost two days straight!!! I appeared that everything was going away! I could hear clearly finally after two years of suffering!! and then after the next day everything thing started to come back!!! Then after that I think is when I really started to notice that my nose was stuffed up too. About a year ago it happened again, but this time it didn't finish draining, and didn't feel like everything opened back up completely, and just clogged back up after about a day.

When the draining happened the first time I was chewing winterfresh gum. I thought that was what was making it drain, but I chew gum a lot and it never helped before that time.

The second time draining occurred I was really just fed up and said to my self this needs to end. So I laid down on my back on the floor and tried to relax. On one side of my head I placed my index finger on the spot right in front of my ear lobe, kind of where your jaw joins with your skull and I placed my thumb on my neck. I did the same for the other side of my head. So I pretty much tried to massage those to points. I also stretched a lot. I tried to make my self as relaxed as possible.

I was shocked. my ears actually started to drain again. I thought I had found the answer, I thought it was because of stress, but like I had mentioned earlier things just clogged back up after a day and the draining this second time was def. not as strong as the first time.

Now what happened about 4 months ago was I had to go to the dentist to fill some cavities, and when I finally got to the dentist that was giving me the fillings she revealed to me that I had 3 impacted wisdom teeth ( I don’t know why my first dentist missed this ). She basically said to me "yea, you know you have 3 impacted wisdom teeth". I don't think anyone was ever as happy as me to hear someone say that to them because it's as if a light bulb went off in my head saying that, that had to be the cause of all this hell with my ears nose and throat blockage...

So I went and had my 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed (I had my bottom right removed a few years back) The ones I had removed were my top 2 and my bottom left. I was out for about a week crazy pain, but only on the bottom. It felt as though the top 2 were never even touched because there was no pain there at all. The left side of my face was so huge and it took the whole week for the swelling to get back to a normal size!!!

Anyway, after all of that, it was def. not my wisdom teeth that were the culprit because I still have all of my symptoms!!!

I'm just so depressed I don't know what else to do... I am willing to do just about anything. I can't take anymore of this. So much of my life involves music and multimedia. Sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything because I'm depressed/fatigued so much. PLEASE HELP

Last edited by athonypw; 12-06-2006 at 11:05 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to athonypw:
dalrymple32 (07-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2006, 06:03 AM   #2
(female)

Elaine007 HB User
Re: Ears/Nose Always Blocked Neck Feels Tight!!!...

Quote:
Originally Posted by athonypw
Hi everyone, I am aware that there have been many posts with similar symptoms that I am going to post, but I felt that I needed to post mine on my own thread. Sorry for the auto biography, but I'm trying to give all the details I can recall.

Well anyway here goes. It first started out as just my ears, actually just my right one about 4/5 years ago. Feeling extremely blocked with a lot of pain/sensitivy to sound. It gradually progressed to my left ear too. About a year after this started I noticed my nose and forehead were feeling quite blocked as well. My mucus is always really thick. About a year ago I really noticed that my neck would feel tight all the time too and I feel fatigued, like my head weighs a thousand pounds! Those are my symptoms, but I will say that I have tried a lot of different things and I have seen about 8 different doctors on multiple occasions.

This part is the important part I think...there were two times when it felt like my ears "drained" the first time about 2 years ago. I had fluid rushing down the back of my throat for almost two days straight!!! I appeared that everything was going away! I could hear clearly finally after two years of suffering!! and then after the next day everything thing started to come back!!! Then after that I think is when I really started to notice that my nose was stuffed up too. About a year ago it happened again, but this time it didn't finish draining, and didn't feel like everything opened back up completely, and just clogged back up after about a day.

When the draining happened the first time I was chewing winterfresh gum. I thought that was what was making it drain, but I chew gum a lot and it never helped before that time.

The second time draining occurred I was really just fed up and said to my self this needs to end. So I laid down on my back on the floor and tried to relax. On one side of my head I placed my index finger on the spot right in front of my ear lobe, kind of where your jaw joins with your skull and I placed my thumb on my neck. I did the same for the other side of my head. So I pretty much tried to massage those to points. I also stretched a lot. I tried to make my self as relaxed as possible.

I was shocked. my ears actually started to drain again. I thought I had found the answer, I thought it was because of stress, but like I had mentioned earlier things just clogged back up after a day and the draining this second time was def. not as strong as the first time.

Now what happened about 4 months ago was I had to go to the dentist to fill some cavities, and when I finally got to the dentist that was giving me the fillings she revealed to me that I had 3 impacted wisdom teeth ( I donít know why my first dentist missed this ). She basically said to me "yea, you know you have 3 impacted wisdom teeth". I don't think anyone was ever as happy as me to hear someone say that to them because it's as if a light bulb went off in my head saying that, that had to be the cause of all this hell with my ears nose and throat blockage...

So I went and had my 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed (I had my bottom right removed a few years back) The ones I had removed were my top 2 and my bottom left. I was out for about a week crazy pain, but only on the bottom. It felt as though the top 2 were never even touched because there was no pain there at all. The left side of my face was so huge and it took the whole week for the swelling to get back to a normal size!!!

Anyway, after all of that, it was def. not my wisdom teeth that were the culprit because I still have all of my symptoms!!!

I'm just so depressed I don't know what else to do... I am willing to do just about anything. I can't take anymore of this. So much of my life involves music and multimedia. Sometimes I just don't feel like doing anything because I'm depressed/fatigued so much. PLEASE HELP

Old 12-16-2006, 06:09 AM   #3
(female)

Elaine007 HB User
Re: Ears/Nose Always Blocked Neck Feels Tight!!!...

Hi,
I have to run to work and will be on the boards later to tell my story, but it is the Winterfresh gum. I chew it day and night...yes, I stick some in the side of my mouth and go to sleep. I was in a living hell no doctor or herbist could help me with and the winterfresh gum (and only this gum) gives me instant relief and I sleep through the night...I know it could get in my hair etc, but I have had and year and a half of sleepless nights, benedryl and drugs to have little or no relief, now I sleep through the night and keep winterfresh gum in my mouth almost all of the time, small price to pay to rid my self of the worst symptoms, my quality of life had decreased a lot. I will come on later to tell you my symptoms, drs diagnosis etc. I have to run to work now, but had to comment on your winterfresh gum....think about it...think about what you said. I am currently researching the ingredients in the gum and seeing if there is another way to get relief, but for now I chew, chew, chew.

Closed Thread