It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 04:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Exclamation Does ZYRTEC alone dry out Fluid in Ear MIDDLE EAR EFFUSION?

hello everyone i went to my primary care doctor because of pressure and a clogged up ear and he told me I have Middle ear effusion, which in term means i have fluid stuck in my middle ear, anyway I have had this problem for 6 years now, and learned to live with it after getting misdiagnosed over and over again by ENT's... anyway the doc tested my ear with some sort of instrument that printed out the information, and let him know i had middle ear effusion.. he gave me zyrtec he said that should dry the ear? and that should be the end of it, I am not sure if the zyrtec alone can dry out my ear, have any of you had success with zyrtec alone while having middle ear fluid, doc only gave me 20 days worth of treatment will that be enough?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Re: Does ZYRTEC alone dry out Fluid in Ear MIDDLE EAR EFFUSION?

Jenny, My ent said to try over the counter mucinex...antihistamines will dry up your head too...mucinex thins out the mucus...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2007, 05:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User

Hi thx for your response, now will mucinex dry the ear fluid too?

Old 03-21-2007, 06:30 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Jenny...Ears, nose connected....! If you can get the fluid thinned out and moving...it will lessen by many methods. That is what my Ent told me.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:48 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

hi, I am still dealing with my infection.. I still have effusion in my ear... I have been taking sudafed... Not sure if its working.. I am going to try and get something stronger .. I have an appt tonight... I will let you know what i find.

Closed Thread