It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 05:30 AM   #1
(female)

amlp HB User
2 minutes away from going mad

hi all, i've been reading all your posts and can honestly say they are the only things that have been keeping me sane. I live in South Africa - Port Elizabeth and we have no neuro otologists here. I have been to GP's, ENT's, neurologist, and no body can tell me what is wrong. My GP says it's anxiety and has put me on an SSRI. i am not anxious, but at this point will do what ever it takes to try and feel better. My ENT has also given me SERC. I do not have radical vertigo, it is more of a woozy feeling inside my head. The WORST for me however is the brain fog feeling. I always feel like i'm 2 minutes away from going mad. I feel like i only have half a brain, like i've lost half of my personality. I just keep waiting for it to lift. It has been 6.5 weeks. Does anybody else have this feeling of being confused in their head ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 05:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Re: 2 minutes away from going mad

Sure do...

Do you have an ent that can test for vestibular injury? I would look on the VEDA website...and see if they have a doctor where you are. Honestly, I would rule that out.

I am so sorry you are not feeling well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 05:59 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Sorry to hear you are so frustrated, it is horrid isn't it. . . . yup what you are expalining sounds very famailiar. I always say I'm on the outside watching, not inside my head doing!

BTW Nice place to be!
Jayne

Old 04-27-2007, 06:04 AM   #4
(female)

amlp HB User

Charlotte thank you so much for your response. I had presumed that VEDA would not have any listings for South Africa, but i have just checked and they do have 2. They are in City's far away from me, but at least i don't feel completely lost at sea.

Old 04-27-2007, 06:39 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

You could call them and see if any local ent's are familiar with them or their practices? I know my current ent that specializes in dizzys was not well known.

Please let me know what you find. If you can't find anything...I will see what I can do.

All the best.

Closed Thread