It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 01:21 AM   #1
(female)

amlp HB User
more help please ?

does anybody else get a tightness in their head/brain. i feel like there is an elastic band squeezing inside my head. i also hear strange clicking noises. it's almost the same feeling as when you clench your jaw, but just inside my head. also this morning when i woke up early and was lying in bed, i could hear something in my ear, it sounded like a whiring noise, it reminded me of helicopter blades like doodoodooodooo. sounds crazy (again) anybody else get these or can shed some light ? thought i was getting better !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User
Re: more help please ?

Hi The pressure feeling in my head is quite common, the clicking noises I hear in my head are like a clock ticking but not a regular tick, I get allsorts of ear noises, buzzing, whirring like you describe, an ocassional thud (thats a weird one) I don't think you have experienced anything abnormal.
It's one of those things this illness that brings on something new all the time, I reckon it does it to keep you on your toes. . .lol.
I hope you start to feel better soon.
Jayne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2007, 04:00 AM   #3
(female)

amlp HB User

Hi Jayne. thanks for the reply. it is reassuring knowing i'm not alone. I still don't have a diagnosis, and sometimes it's all so confusing. i think maybe it's all going on in my head. but i know it's not. when you mentioned the occassional thud i related. i also get them, but just once again, thought it is part of imagination. i really appreciate your reply. hope you feel better too.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Hi glad to know I'm not the only one that gets thuds! I've started to relax about it all now and have taken the view what will be. . . etc, it's been a long road so far, 19 months and I don't think there are any more symptoms left to have, I really make the most of the good days and the bad ones I just ride out. I have been following the "heal your headache" diet and since the removal of additives from my diet I have seen a noticable improvement, well I think it's that thats done it, but who knows eh?

I hope you start to feel better soon, but it may be something you just have to learn to take in your stride.

Just trying to talk hubby into a weekend break in Cape Town later this year, I love SA.

Jayne

Old 05-20-2007, 06:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

I get the same pressure...

I posted on another thread, an exercise my Pt gave me that might help get rid of a bit of that. He said...all our exercise and moving out head and neck can compress the neck nerves.

all the best!

Closed Thread