It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User
Blocked EARS, and now when moving head hear and feel vibrations??

I have had this clogged/blocked feeling and pressure for over 2 months in both ears. But 2 days ago I started hearing and feeling a noisein my left ear when ever i moved my head. So now whenever i move my head i can feel and hear I dont know how to explain. It ssimilar to when you get water in your ear and then when you shake your head you can hear feel that water moving, only this isnt water, and its way further in. Anyone else experience anything like this that has constant blocked ears????? Im slowly losing my mind , honestly. This whole thing is too much for someone to handle. Life is hard enough as it is, in addition to this crazy feeling now, its almost unbearable!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
(female)

olwynUFO HB User
Re: Blocked EARS, and now when moving head hear and feel vibrations??

Joel, I don't know if I'm the best person to respond because I too am on the edge of losing it, but I just read your posting and wanted to let you know I understand your emotional turmoil. I'm sure everyone on this board understands. I personally have been dealing with a humming in my ears for over a month now along with other symptoms. It goes away once in awhile, but one thing that has helped me to forget about it sometimes is to run a fan, especially when I go to bed. But I think what you also mean is that here's one more thing to add to all the other symptoms, and I'm fairly certain everyone here understands that too. I think other people who have been dealing with this longer than me will be able to give you actual advice; I can just empathize. Because I've finally reached the panicky-but-trying-to-keep-it-together stage (after 5 1/2 weeks), I called my doctor yesterday for valium. I haven't taken any yet, though my husband is encouraging me to. Reading this board, posting on it, and actually getting responses has helped a lot. I know that you'll hear from other people and you'll find comfort in what they say. Here's a positive thing I can share: Yesterday I had a really good day. After almost a week of feeling absolutely hideous, I had a beautiful day of very few symptoms. I was actually able to laugh, and I know that more great days just like it are right around the corner. I know it'll be the same for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #3
(male)

montana HB User

Man, I know how you feel. It's hard but you have to step away from it in your mind. I've had the stopped up ears since March and felt like you do. Now I try to smile and let it be since there is nothing I can do about it. I try to stay busy with something outside during the day. At night I do Su***u word puzzles to take my mind off of it. I feel better even though they are still stopped up. Good luck! We'll feel better soon!

Old 06-13-2007, 11:15 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

mogj3222 HB User

Thanks guys, it feels good to talk to people who actually understand. I guess the thing that makes it worse is Ive always been a kinda hypocondriact, but this is the first REAL situation that is truly overwhelming me. And all my family thinks I am just crazy, and need to deal with it.
Thanks again

Old 06-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

Your ears will get better. Mine are just starting to feel better (got viral labs in March). I do remember a couple of weeks ago I was hearing "fluttering" in one of my ears like there was a moth inside. It was so gross. I knew there wasn't a bug in there, but it sure sounded like it.

Anyway, the ears are a weird thing. I STILL cannot believe how many strange and horrifying things that an inner ear illness can cause. This is the worst illness I have ever had in my life and I'm sure it's the same with others. It even tops the stomach flu and food poisoning in my book, especially because it is so mysterious and there isn't a simple "magic pill" you can take to make it go away. Time is the main healing factor (& prayer!).

Hang in there!

Old 06-14-2007, 09:12 PM   #6
(female)

centaur1201 HB User

Have you been to see a Dr. that can help you, someone who specializes in the inner ear department? I know how scary it can be when you've got somthing going on in your head, and you can't seem to make it go away. I had horrendous ringing in my ears for about four months, along with other symptoms, but I want you to know that I can relate. You are not going crazy! Someone close to me once said while I was in the middle of an anxiety attack, "This will not last forever." and just acknowledging that helped a lot. I truely hope that you are feeling better soon!

Old 06-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #7
(female)

Rosie the 3rd HB User

I can totally sympathise because I too have been going through similar for a couple of months. What started as just a faint hum in the background has now become various different noises-some days the hum but louder, some days there is a very high pitched electrical noise, and some days like today my ears feel very blocked and there is continuous vibration in my ears, then there is lots of white noise that sometimes I feel like there is a storm outside!!. I can't sleep well, and wake up with a loud drone that gives me a headache. I now am getting pins and needles, and the doctor wants me to take anti depressants to help get me over it. I think it must be the worse thing and sometimes I feel that I am going to go mad, and feel very desperate. I look after 3 children and honestly feel this is tearing my life apart. I am waiting for an ENT appointment and just pray that there is something they can do and it isn't just something I must try to ignore. The depression is making it so much worse I'm told, but who wouldn't be depressed with so much noise in their head?!!

Closed Thread