It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User
Scott - Some information

Hi Scott,

I went for my yearly hypothyroid check and saw a new doctor with whom I discussed the previous years with this head demon. To make the long story short, he asked me about Encephalitis (actue inflammation on the brain). Crazy how all of a sudden I am finding more and more doctors who actually have some knowledge of the central and vestibular systems. Wonder where the h......ll they were the first two years when they all thought I was just nuts. I did some brief research on it and it can cause some of the symptoms we all experience (not surprising to throw other causes into the mix). Seems to be caused by viruses in addtion to drug induced (in my case, the antibiotic).

Anyway, it talked about the link between encephalitis and herpes 1 and 2. To be honest I didn't spend a whole lot of time researching the link between the two as my head has been acting up the past week but thought it may be another avenue for you to look into. I just did some googling on Encephalits.

I wonder if this is something that would have shown up in an MRI. I had the first one when the pain and pressure first started and was so painful. I'm taking a break for now, but will look into this more and let you know if I find anything important on the two subjects. I just wanted to throw this out there for you as it seems your herpes outbreaks go hand in hand with the head symptoms.

Hope you are feeling better today as I just saw you post on the BPPV. I've been a little down the last week or so. I'm just tired of this. It is really wearing on me again. I start finding all kinds of stuff that could have been a possibility for me all along and it makes it worse when I think of how horrible doctors where to me. All that pain and pressure that was so unbearable that first year and my brain could have been swelled and all most of them (the doctors) said was oh you woke up one day depressed. Geez Scott, I think the mental insults have been or are by far worse than dealing with these head symptoms. Now I have Post Traumatic Stress to go with my Post Traumatic Headaches.

I'm holding out for more of the better days I was starting to enjoy the past couple of months. I hope they come back soon.

Take care,
Gloria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2007, 07:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User
Re: Scott - Some information

Hi Gloria,

Sorry for the late reply. Interesting info you found there ... I want to ask Halmagyi if he thinks herpes can trigger migraine. Sorry you are on a downer this week - I can sure relate to that. I've been battling the lows for a solid week now. The BPPV really pulled the carpet again. It feels like I just slid back 4 weeks. Hope things brighten up soon for you.

Scott

Closed Thread