It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
(female)

scurfy HB User
?? for Balance and all experienced.

Hi Balance, Hi everyone,

I have recently gone through an INCREASE in my visual sensitivity again - ie: Motion of others, motion of my own eyes, and tracking of motion is making me feel worse again. I've even experienced an increase in my nausea again because of this.

I wouldn't call it a total decomp as it is nowhere near as bad as when I became ill - but now I am a year in (10 mos of doing VRT) and have experienced this.....whatever....can I call it a big blip?

Balance - should I increase my VOR exercises to 3 x a day? Have you had this happen to px of yours? Is there a reason for this big blip? Is there anything I should do?

Sorry guys - this is just sooo frustrating - it was so nice to wake up not feeling sick every day - now I am back to woozy head and funny eyes, mixed with light dizzies throughout the day.

Thanks for listening

Tracy

Old 06-30-2007, 06:15 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User
Re: ?? for Balance and all experienced.

Hi Tracy, just went through a blip like yours! It lasted quite sometime, maybe around 3 weeks or so. For me, I think the reason for my blip was because my brain learned new things. Which I have to say is a good thing, but hate those blips. BalanceofChicago had modified a bunch of VRTs under the thread "Charlottes VRTS", I would do those, twice a day. This recent blip of your is a good thing and will bring you to the next level!!

Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
(female)

scurfy HB User

Hi Cathy,

Sorry to hear a/b your recent blip too - pain in the butt. I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks for the support - it is always nice to hear from others that have experienced the same thing I am on day 10 of this blip and am feeling a bit better - day by day.

Am doing Balances VRT's - here's to hoping they help!

Tracy

Old 07-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurfy View Post
Hi Cathy,

Sorry to hear a/b your recent blip too - pain in the butt. I hope you're feeling better.

Thanks for the support - it is always nice to hear from others that have experienced the same thing I am on day 10 of this blip and am feeling a bit better - day by day.

Am doing Balances VRT's - here's to hoping they help!

Tracy
Hi Tracy, just think that after this blip you wil be closer to 100%....Before this last blip I had about 5 weeks of 98-100% days...and after this blip I feel pretty darn good again. Its all about fine tuning the brain. Also, this past blip was all about the vision...it was messed up!!!!! Thats all I have to say!!! Everyday is closer to recovery!!! And you will get there!

And blips are a pain in the butt!!! Its tellingus that our brain is doing its thing.

Cathy

Old 07-03-2007, 06:14 AM   #5
(female)

scurfy HB User

Hi Cathy - I've been at a/b 85%-95% (briefly) and man it felt good! MY visuals have NEVER been 100% though - I still am unable to gaze at something and keep it still - it is thought the whole image vibrates slightly...did you have this and has it gone for you?

I must admit - I do wonder if I'll ever be able to look at something or gaze outside and it will be still....

Hope today is better for you!

Tracy

Old 07-03-2007, 06:24 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

Hii Tracy, my eyes used to vibrate really bad, and it would drive me bananas, but very slowly it is getting better. Sometimes they vibrate and sometimes they dont. Some days worse then others. But it does go. Overall, it sounds like you are progressing and getting much better. I still do my VRTS and probably always will. I was told that the visuals are they last to go, and I think those are the most annoying...heheh!

Hope you come out of this blip soon, and when you do you'll be at the next level!!!!

Cathy

Old 07-08-2007, 06:50 PM   #7
(female)

balancechicago HB User

The Blip could be from going through all of your VRTs your system is healing and you are starting to live your life normally and returned to all of the things that you used to do, with that taxed your system just like the smallest things used to do to you. Try not to get discouraged, think of how far you have come. Keep up with the VRTs and do them as the level that you are comfortable. It is okay to back down off the difficulty level for a few days then ramp back up as you are able.
Stay on top of it, you are so close to being done with the symptoms. Keep up with your VRTs even if symptom free though.
All the best,

Closed Thread