It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 04:44 AM   #1
(female)

Rosie the 3rd HB User
Whizzing electrical noises.

Has anyone experienced similar? I have a hum which began as faint and distant, and has progressed over the course of a month or two to several different noises in my head but the most disturbing one is a very high pitched whizzing noise like a television but higher. I can't tell if it is real or imaginary, but I also have alot of white noise in my head like there is a storm outside. When I lie down it feels like there is a motor running, sometimes actual vibration can be felt, and I wake up to the most screeching noise that instantly gives me a headache and the high pitched whizzing is starting to make me feel ill and sick. Sometimes my ears feel blocked as if I have been swimming but no water noise . At first I just thought tinnitus, then doc said "depression" , , but has anyone experienced anything like this?? I have an appt at ENT but not till August, could it be connected to my teeth as I have had gum disease get worse lately, or could it be connected to neck tension?- or is it a bad case of tinnitus?? I will not take anti depressants like my dr. recommended , and want an ENT check first, but just wondered if anyone had any advice???....

Old 07-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Whizzing electrical noises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie the 3rd View Post
Has anyone experienced similar? I have a hum which began as faint and distant, and has progressed over the course of a month or two to several different noises in my head but the most disturbing one is a very high pitched whizzing noise like a television but higher. I can't tell if it is real or imaginary, but I also have alot of white noise in my head like there is a storm outside. When I lie down it feels like there is a motor running, sometimes actual vibration can be felt, and I wake up to the most screeching noise that instantly gives me a headache and the high pitched whizzing is starting to make me feel ill and sick. Sometimes my ears feel blocked as if I have been swimming but no water noise . At first I just thought tinnitus, then doc said "depression" , , but has anyone experienced anything like this?? I have an appt at ENT but not till August, could it be connected to my teeth as I have had gum disease get worse lately, or could it be connected to neck tension?- or is it a bad case of tinnitus?? I will not take anti depressants like my dr. recommended , and want an ENT check first, but just wondered if anyone had any advice???....
Hi Rosie

Could very well be "Inner Ear" related or some of the other things u spoke about---ur making the correct move---to see an ENT---u also might look through---the items in the "Sticky"(1st post on the board)---to see if anything---matchs.....some of the UK folks will be along---as to where the best help is in the UK.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread