It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #1
(female)

treefarmer HB User
Hey Subs, refresh my memory . . .

I remember there were issues with your vision in the beginning, that once resolved helped a lot in your recovery. What were they? Just a prescription issue? Did they not have the right refraction? Were you helped with glasses or contacts?

I'm getting to the age (43) where the upclose reading is a bit blurry, which is very normal for someone my age, but I've noticed also some blips of visual difficulty when looking at certain things in motion. Actually I can watch things that move, i.e. car driving by, or my dog running around, etc. The difficulty comes in having a conversation with a person and trying to track on their head/face as they move around. It can give weird sensations, particularly if we are sitting somewhere where the background is also "busy." Just makes me a little foggy or woozy or something. Do you know what I'm talking about?? Just wondering if this is left-over fun or just normal visual stuff for my age. Maybe I should get myself to the Optometrist . . .

How go the windows? We dropped our big house plans -- too expensive.

T

Old 07-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Hey Subs, refresh my memory . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by treefarmer View Post
I remember there were issues with your vision in the beginning, that once resolved helped a lot in your recovery. What were they? Just a prescription issue? Did they not have the right refraction? Were you helped with glasses or contacts?

I'm getting to the age (43) where the upclose reading is a bit blurry, which is very normal for someone my age, but I've noticed also some blips of visual difficulty when looking at certain things in motion. Actually I can watch things that move, i.e. car driving by, or my dog running around, etc. The difficulty comes in having a conversation with a person and trying to track on their head/face as they move around. It can give weird sensations, particularly if we are sitting somewhere where the background is also "busy." Just makes me a little foggy or woozy or something. Do you know what I'm talking about?? Just wondering if this is left-over fun or just normal visual stuff for my age. Maybe I should get myself to the Optometrist . . .

How go the windows? We dropped our big house plans -- too expensive.

T
Hi Terry

My vision prob track back to submarine accident--where I lost binocular vision---had happened so long ago---forgot about it---Univ of Penn---figured it out---and added some vision VRT's for it---which fixed the prob...

Know what ur talking about---it is "left-over fun" eventually it will go....

Still working on windows---thinking about replacing them all (37)---depends on the $$.......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #3
(female)

treefarmer HB User
Re: Hey Subs, refresh my memory . . .

Thanks. Know what you mean about the window $$. We just got another bid for some plumbing work which put our project up to $165,000 and counting . . . All that for just 1,000 sq. ft. of a finished basement. No wonder we've decided to stop. Jeez, we're in the wrong business!! Those contractors -- what a racket!!

T

Closed Thread