It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Really Rough Patch

Hey guys,

I am in the middle of a reallly rough patch right now. It may not be so much that the dizziness is changing or getting worse in the last 2 weeks, butmy mood has taken a dive and I am getting really depressed about it.

I had a cold 3.5 weeks ago and this is the result. Over that time I have had 3-4 good days, and the rest have been terrible. I am used to when this comes back due to a cold or something just havign it for a few weeks and then it goes away.. This time it is going up and down. I could use a bit of encourangement here.. I am freaken out....

Tummy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #2
(female)

willsmomm HB User
Wink Re: Really Rough Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy2 View Post
Hey guys,

I am in the middle of a reallly rough patch right now. It may not be so much that the dizziness is changing or getting worse in the last 2 weeks, butmy mood has taken a dive and I am getting really depressed about it.

I had a cold 3.5 weeks ago and this is the result. Over that time I have had 3-4 good days, and the rest have been terrible. I am used to when this comes back due to a cold or something just havign it for a few weeks and then it goes away.. This time it is going up and down. I could use a bit of encourangement here.. I am freaken out....

Tummy
Hi - sorry you are having a bad patch - but thats the point - its just that - a patch and for sure it will pass. I understand exactly how you feel and that your mood is low. Thats how I felt too. Its easy to feel that way - its tiring and frustrating when it goes on and on. BUT the good news is - that this phase will pass - you need to go easy on yourself. Having any kind of upset - be it physical, mental or just plain stress - will make the dizzy worse. You WILL get past this phase. Write a little note on a bit of paper to yourself with some positive messages - then look at them when you feel really bad. That helped me. Plus try are take an attitude of - this is for today and not forever, this will pass! Because it really will. Its very normal for it to go up and down just the way your describe! Big hugs and wishes for your dizzys to get better soon.

Last edited by willsmomm; 07-02-2007 at 05:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Re: Really Rough Patch

Do you still have offsets when you get colds? For me it hasbeen 2 years and I still get blips!!..

Old 07-03-2007, 02:18 AM   #4
(female)

willsmomm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy2 View Post
Do you still have offsets when you get colds? For me it hasbeen 2 years and I still get blips!!..
Hi - yes I had the same blips - in fact at the 2 year stage I was still prone to going back to what i would describe as almost the beginning! I felt constantly off balance - much like walking on a bouncy castle. But over time the blips become less and less - not so much that you dont get a blip but rather that the blip is very mild. Getting over the dizzys is rather like trying to watch a scar fade - you cant see it happen in an obvious way - but it does get better! The best thing you can do to help yourself is - honestly - keep on going and dont add in any additional worry (very hard I know!). Try to accept the odd sensasations and pay them as little attention as possible.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:24 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

firechick HB User

Hey Tummy
I think Willsmom is so right when she talks about not paying the dizziness too much attention. When we focus all of our energy on not feeling well, it's like we are feeding it. Staying focussed on something else will be so much more productive and will take your mind off how you are feeling.
I have found in the past year or two if I get a blip, all I want to do is sit on the couch, and that is the last thing I should be doing. I usually get my husband to go out for a walk or light paddle with me and I am always so glad I did it, I always feel better after.
Just keep plowing through, this too shall pass.
FC

Old 07-03-2007, 05:49 AM   #6
(female)

Rosie the 3rd HB User

That is such good advice about alot of conditions. I have been suffering increasing ear noise , not had any ENT checks yet but because I have been feeling really stressed and down about other areas of my life, I have been focusing on the noise and how much it gives me a headache, makes me feel ill etc and of course it gets worse and makes me feel more ill. Even one day of rest, positive thinking, getting out there doing abit of exercise etc, talking to people about it, has already made me feel better. It definately is better to do anything else except think about how bad you feel!!!

Old 07-03-2007, 07:09 AM   #7
(female)

scurfy HB User

Tummy,

Sorry to hear that you are going through a rough patch. You are not alone - both Jaxilla and I have been going through blips too. Like you I felt dreadful! Just starting to see some light here It is easy to get discouraged (I do too!) so hang in there.

Tracy

Old 07-03-2007, 07:39 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Hanging on guys...

Really trying to this time... I think alot of what you guys are saying makes sense..alot of it actually akes perfect sense when I feel fine .... Thats the funny thing and I know everyone goes thruogh the same thing.. We freak out in the bad periods, and question why we freaked out so bad in the good periods.... But you know this illness is so easy to forget once you get out of the bad patch...

Another thing I guess youc annot do is wake up in the morning

Thanks for all the support. I am hoping to atleast have some good days soon.... Ughhh

Tummy

Old 07-03-2007, 07:47 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi Tummy,

I so hear you on the torturous nature of this garbage. It's almost unbelievable that it can hammer us so hard time and again. And just when you think you've finally paid your dues, back it comes. Willsmom's advice is spot on. When it all gets too hard, just try to let go of the mental pain it causes, float and imagine yourself in the eye of a hurricane - the madness of it all swirling around you but see yourself in a calm and safe place where it does not mess with who you really are. To me it sometimes feels like someone has thrown mud all over me when the bad times come. It's just mud and will wash off again. In your case, the explanation is that cold. Keep remembering that the cold set this off and it's not something new on the scene. It'll go.

Best....Scott

Old 07-03-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

What I didnt get to finish was that "I guess what you cannot do is wake up in the morning and expect a good day, because if that doesnt happen, y ou get down"

Scott... I hear ya... The problem and the main problem with this illness in comparison is that noone knows the timeframe. It could be 2 days or it could be 2 months. That is what drives me crazy... I always think that maybe today is the day it starts fading and then "Nope, no such luck"

Closed Thread