It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

rachel4123 HB User
Feel worse after driving?

I don't have any problems driving, per se, I feel fine, but when I get home AFTER driving at least 15 minutes or more, my dizziness is exhasberated and I feel rocking and off for a little while.
Does this happen to anyone else? Is this the peripheral vision reacting to the movements?
Ugh. It's so annoying..

Rachel

Old 07-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User
Re: Feel worse after driving?

I'm worse after driving or being a passenger. The driving part is fine, but after its worse. It also varies depending on the length of the drive, traffic, etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
(female)

willsmomm HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel4123 View Post
I don't have any problems driving, per say, I feel fine, but when I get home AFTER driving at least 15 minutes or more, my dizziness is exhasberated and I feel rocking and off for a little while.
Does this happen to anyone else? Is this the peripheral vision reacting to the movements?
Ugh. It's so annoying..

Rachel

Hi - I am not sure just exactly why you feel like that after driving - but just wanted to say that driving would actually - zero out my feelings of constant motion. But like you as soon as I got out the car I would feel like I was still driving (in terms of false motion/rocking) for a good 15 minutes.

This will also fade away as you get better. All the weird symptoms go away as you get better. Dont be afraid of the feelings - try to ignore it as best you can. It will improve over time - just keep exposing yourself to it. Good Luck!

Last edited by willsmomm; 07-03-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:35 AM   #4
(female)

redsands HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel4123 View Post
I don't have any problems driving, per se, I feel fine, but when I get home AFTER driving at least 15 minutes or more, my dizziness is exhasberated and I feel rocking and off for a little while.
Ugh. It's so annoying..

Rachel
Hi- saw your post- and thought wow I get that- iwhile driving as a passenger had a slight dizzy spell- but since as I told the Dr.2 days ago- sometimes I just get a spacey feeling- and like it might happen even if someone else is driving. and when I am driving too.
what do you do?? I am having an MRI on Thursday July19th- going crazy staying in- but the Dr. said wait till after the MRI and let's see what is happening. Great- I had a diagnosis of bbpv and etd- so I said- what if all is well - then what- do you out there drive-????? IDo you have a diagnosis??would love some feedback. I used to live in NJ and have move to nystate-am worse now that I have moved( more trees- alllergies-??I do know I have that but the dr. says no way is that a factor.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi Redsands,

If I'm in a relapse then driving is not on the cards. It willl exacerbate symptoms massively. As Willsmom said, it will get better and better as long as there is nothing else hanging around keeping you from compensating. If you're on a normal get well trajectory, driving will not cause a problem if you keep at it. Two years ago I couldn't drive without feeling hugely ill but then last October I drove up and down the west coast of Australia with zero problems.

Best ... Scott

Old 07-16-2007, 04:38 AM   #6
(female)

redsands HB User

Hi Scottsman, that was encouraging about driving. I think if you live in a major city like NY city ( I am 50 mins away)- then I would feel safer hoping a bus - even walking is fine except for the ingesting the pollen. I just was freaked out about the dizzy as a passenger and thought if I were driving - ( over a bridge yet)- I would have had an accident.)- So what did you do about work when you didn't drive- I feel like this summer has been a was so far- after since I am back from my airplane flight( 3)- 4 wks ago- I have been out of commission and had to cancel a 6 hr driving trip. It is tough- and I guess now we will see what the MRI says
thanks

Closed Thread