It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2007, 07:04 PM   #1
(female)

redsands HB User
Ears And Low Blood Sugar

I am having some unusual problems - anyone else.
I hope someone out there can help me- or maybe has had similar experience. I do have allergies- do take shots- but every summer I get the same phenomena plus a few times in other months after I have flown. Get either positional vertigo, or sometimes a feeling like I am going to be faint, or dizzy-it is worse when it is warm I must say. I have had all the tests- and it didn't show any vestibular problem- however- when theEply was tried when I had a bad time of it 2 yrs ago- it did help- my Dr. did give me the exercises from the VRT clinic to use and I use them faithfully. I really freaked out when 2 nights ago I had that same feeling when I went out on a terrace. Now, I used to live in a high rise up to a few years ago and never got that. So- now some Dr.'s have thought it might be a low blood sugar thing- and so I have been trying to eat every 3-4 hrs. But to me it seems big time strange that this is the worst only in the summers- and within a 2- 3weeks after returning from a 2 segment flight( up and down 2 times in a day)- it is such a scary feeling- I feel like I can't count on when I am going to feel good or not- after I eat though it usually gets better( the spacy feeling- sometimes w/ pressure on the head and behind the ears. I have been to 7 dr.s and no one seems to have much help. Can anyone relate to this- and what have you done for it. Really would appreciate feedback . Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
(female)

centaur1201 HB User
Re: Ears And Low Blood Sugar

It's probably a good idea to watch your blood surgar levels. Low blood surgar can defintely cause a feeling of being faint. I was diagnosed with BPPV, and before that I knew that I was hypoglycemic, and so when I got the bad dizzies back in October I though it might be related. But now I can say that in my case it does not seem to be the cause, I wish it was that easy! Although when my blood surgar does start to get low it seems to aggitate my situation.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:49 AM   #3
(female)

redsands HB User

Does anyone have any ideas about what kind of protein to carry w/ you to keep the low blood sugar in control- I don't do well w/ nuts at all- although they are easy to carry. But protein wise- what is there? the bars(energy) have fillers- or wheat etc or dairy which I can't have.
Ideas please

Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 AM   #4
(female)

curiouscat02 HB User

I've had glycemia problems about ten years ago. If I were in your shoes, (sandals, boots?) I would load up on bananas, fruits and eat veggies (sweet potatoes A+) at least two veg's at every meal. Fruit snacks inbetween. Nothing prepared from cans or boxes. Restaurant only once a week. 'Be an Ape!' Eat "natural" to get body balance back. I have no problems when I eat in that direction. I also don't eat alot of red meat.
Good luck. CC.

Old 07-05-2007, 11:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Fresh Fruit and Veg are the best, but if you need something to carry around with you try small bags of dried fruit, I carry these around in my handbag, laptop case etc, for those woosy monents and they always do the trick without loading myself with candies and sweets.
Hope this helps.
Jayne

Last edited by sheriff56; 07-05-2007 at 11:34 PM.

Closed Thread