It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #1
(female)

bekiboo HB User
Advice for my brother.

Hi guys!
I came across this site researching virtigo and lab/s on behalf of my brother. He's 26 years old and as far as i can remember he has always been fit and healthy. He has recently been diagnosed with lab/s and is not doing very well. He seems to be really bad in the morning and gets better as the day goes on. He has been off work for about 5-6 weeks. He doesn't seem to be getting any better. He has been waking up every hour and he thinks he has lukimia or a brian tumor, we have heard the the stress of being ill and not knowing properly what is wrong with him is causing this. it feels like he is stuck in a rut.
The doctor has now prescibed anti-depressents and he has been very reluctent to take them, but with alot of persuasion he started taking them last night.

Any advice will be very welcome.
x x

Old 07-06-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Advice for my brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekiboo;3083***
Hi guys!
I came across this site researching virtigo and lab/s on behalf of my brother. He's 26 years old and as far as i can remember he has always been fit and healthy. He has recently been diagnosed with lab/s and is not doing very well. He seems to be really bad in the morning and gets better as the day goes on. He has been off work for about 5-6 weeks. He doesn't seem to be getting any better. He has been waking up every hour and he thinks he has lukimia or a brian tumor, we have heard the the stress of being ill and not knowing properly what is wrong with him is causing this. it feels like he is stuck in a rut.
The doctor has now prescibed anti-depressents and he has been very reluctent to take them, but with alot of persuasion he started taking them last night.

Any advice will be very welcome.
x x
Hi Bekiboo

Unfortunately--a to familiar story.....

U begin by going here:

[url]http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/index.html[/url]

It is the Northwestern Univ web site for:

DIZZINESS, IMBALANCE AND HEARING DISORDERS
Timothy C. Hain, MD

It is also contained in the "sticky" first post on board...

I would start with the page of what the Doc says he's got:

"Vestibular Neuritis and Labyrinthitis"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread