It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
Exclamation "Personal" Question....

Dunno if this is an issue any of you have and sure not a lot of people dare broach the subject. But has having this order severely affected your sex lives?? It has mine. When I wake up everymorning feeling like hell and miserable the last thing on my mind is sex. It is hard on my husband cause I am sick all the time and not in the mood. Am I crazy? Or does anyone else have difficulty adding to the long list of hard situation this illness puts people in?

Old 07-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User
Re: "Personal" Question....

as i've said on my other thread, i've been experiencing the vertigo for 30 days now, and even though that's a short time compared to some of the rest of the members....yes, it is affecting that part of my life as well. my fiance' probably feels like i just don't want him, but i just don't want to feel like i'm on a boat and then get nauseous LOL! you aren't alone....but i've been trying to mentally make myself feel like "it's gonna be ok"....but it's hard to enjoy it like i used to haha

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #3
(female)

centaur1201 HB User

Yep. Me too. Sometimes it makes me too dizzy. My husband, bless his heart, is very understanding though.

Old 07-09-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User

My husband is always worried that he'll make me feel worse. It has definitely affected us but he's very supportive. Its one of the things on the long list that this dizzy thing affects!

Old 07-09-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
(male)

montana HB User

It hasn't slowed me down. Matter of fact it helps take away some of the symptoms. Takes my mind off of things. I would probably have to be dead to not want it though.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:53 AM   #6
(female)

cathybe HB User

Hi D & S

Yes Mine is too most of the time Im just too tired I could sleep and sleep which doesnt help my husband is wonderful though and completely understands.

Cathybe

Old 07-10-2007, 06:39 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

You get it in when you can... There is no way I am initiating.... If its initiated I may agree, but usually when I feel better though. I am a guy also, which makes it extremely hard... but my drive goes into the gutter when I have this.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoniMichelle View Post
My husband is always worried that he'll make me feel worse. It has definitely affected us but he's very supportive. Its one of the things on the long list that this dizzy thing affects!
This is what my Hubby thinks as well, but he still manages to make me feel very wanted, when I'm really "off" he will massage me with some nice oils, that very oftens turns the mood around

Jayne

Old 07-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

Thanks everyone for their replies I will have to just try harder to be in the "mood". Glad everyone shared their thoughts though wasnt sure how controversial this topic might be to some...

Old 07-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #10
(male)

manybikes HB Usermanybikes HB User

It really does effect the sex life. Since I went bilateral about a year ago not much of anything makes me happy anymore.
My inner ear problem has totally destroyed my self confidence.
I used to like to party pretty hard and had a real zest for life.
This all seems to have dissappeard. I feel sorry for my wife.
I am not the same man she married.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 AM   #11
(female)

curiouscat02 HB User

Definitely a problem if one has to be careful what angle the ears are in! But if you do the Epley first thing in the morning on both sides, I believe you can hang upside down from the chandelier and not have trouble no matter what activity you are engaged in!! So Cheerup, Manybikes!! You ARE the same person your wife married. You will get your confidence back!! Just keep up the exercises.........and ask questions!

A Curious Cat

Old 07-11-2007, 01:48 PM   #12
(male)

manybikes HB Usermanybikes HB User

Thanks curiouscat!
I do have my good and bad days. It's a real roller coaster ride right now.
The real trick is getting the good days to out number the bad. This is very slowly happening and I intend to keep hammering away at it.
Right now it's mostly the oscillopsia that I do battle with. I think I was attempting too high a speed and have slowed it right down on the headshake exercise. Now I do the side to side and up and down at a slow pace to keep things steady. Will try to increase speed as I get better. Hopefully this is the correct method.
Thanks Cat!

Closed Thread