It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
(male)

robby1216 HB User
Meclizine?

I everyone i am new here I am 30yr. Male. My doctor just prescribe me meclizine 12.5 mg and referred me for rehab. Does anyone hear take this and if so has it helped, I tried it only once and it wiped me out. I have felt bad for almost 2 years dizzy and loss of balance, but worst of all always feel like crap can't even do normal daily activities like go out to dinner. I have not tried any VRT.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User
Re: Meclizine?

Robbie, it seems like these days VRT is the right thing to do to compensate to 100%. When you start them, you will feel worse before you get better. Sorry for this world wind of dizziness, but this board will help you tons. Dont give up, dont let this thing beat you...its just a challenge in your life now. Do the VRTS! There's a vestibular therapist that is on this board that helps us with VRTs and knowledge of this dizzy monster. Her user name is balanceofchicago. If you have any specific questions, start a new thread for her. She is AWESOME!!!!!!

Best of Luck,
Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User
Re: Meclizine?

The mecliazine is a vestiublar suppresant and so it will slow down your compensation process. Try to cut down or not take it if you're able to, especially once you start the rehab. Good luck!

Closed Thread