It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 09:31 AM   #1
(female)

cathybe HB User
Do your dizzies have a pattern

Hello All

Have any of you found a pattern to your symptoms and dizzy spells.

For some reason mine seem to occur on fridays a lot and them Im sick all weekend and usually have to have mon & tues off work I am just so tired all the time I could sleep for England I wake up after 10 hours sleep still tired and feel I need to take naps in the afternoon is this all part of the ilness?
I have tinnitus 24/7 and the doctor (one of many) I saw last week says I have meneires disease because of my hearing loss.

I have been keeping a diary for the last 7 months listing foods, days out etc and have been on a low salt diet, I only have cafffiene free drinks and have cut out cheese and chocolate none of which seems to help, my vertigo attacks are happening one or twice a week sometimes with a warning and sometimes no warning at all, I am at a loss as to how to manage this thing,
Any advice.

Cathybe

Old 07-16-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
(female)

redsands HB User
Re: Do your dizzies have a pattern

Hi
I know how frustrating this can be. It is good to eliminate the food that you are doing- how about wheat and dairy too. A man friend of mine who has ear pressure- clogging- some lightheadedness- says lots of orange juice( now that has potassium in it. Now I find mine are worse- all summer into sept.oct- I do the vrt exercises- which has helped. But when I fly - I always get into trouble- sometimes- just terrible ear pressure and funny feelings on and over my head and ears- sometimes I get away w/ no dizzies when I fly- but this time- not good- got caught- now other than the etd, and Bppv-diagnosis- they want to do an MRI this Thurs- I'm scared- but have had this a long time- and I guess they want to make sure there isn't anything serious.
Do you take any medication? My Dr. gives me nothing- and he doesn't even think it is from allergies( says I should stop my shots-)- so how come this happens the most during high allergy season- he feels the same about flying- that it is coincidental- of course my allergist doesn't agree- it is confusing.
Keep me posted

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #3
(female)

redsands HB User
Re: Do your dizzies have a pattern

Hi
A quick ps. are you able to drive? - how do you handle that- that is what I am dealing with.- are your dizzies when you are sitting up? OR from lying down position?

Closed Thread