It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 3
Mad Viking HB User
Mal de Debarquement - Can it last 6 years?

My problems started on August 22, 2001. I was on a fishing trip in Alaska. Ever seen the fishing show on Discovery Channel (The Most Dangerous Catch)? It was like that. I have had dizziness, tinnitus, ear fullness, headache problems ever since. Can mal de debarqument last this long?

My first neurotologist thought I had a perilymphatic fistula. He did a surgery that didn't seem to help. My current neurotologist doesn't believe that I have a perilymphatic fistula at this time (if ever). Currently we are going the "migraine" route and I am on propranolol (not sure if it is working).

My last option seems to be mal de debarquement, but I have never read anywhere that symptoms can last this long.

 
Old 07-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chester Springs, PA, USA
Posts: 1,675
Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Mal de Debarquement - Can it last 6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Viking View Post
My problems started on August 22, 2001. I was on a fishing trip in Alaska. Ever seen the fishing show on Discovery Channel (The Most Dangerous Catch)? It was like that. I have had dizziness, tinnitus, ear fullness, headache problems ever since. Can mal de debarqument last this long?

My first neurotologist thought I had a perilymphatic fistula. He did a surgery that didn't seem to help. My current neurotologist doesn't believe that I have a perilymphatic fistula at this time (if ever). Currently we are going the "migraine" route and I am on propranolol (not sure if it is working).

My last option seems to be mal de debarquement, but I have never read anywhere that symptoms can last this long.

Hi

..."Can it last 6 years?"....

Yes---or longer----go here: (Northwestern Univ(Dr Hain's site---in "Sticky"):

[url]http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/central/mdd.html[/url]


 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posts: 3
Mad Viking HB User
Re: Mal de Debarquement - Can it last 6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subs30 View Post
Hi

..."Can it last 6 years?"....

Yes---or longer----go here: (Northwestern Univ(Dr Hain's site---in "Sticky"):

[url]http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/central/mdd.html[/url]

That article mentions treating it with SSRIs. I was on Prozac in my younger days. I wonder if I need to have that prescribed again.

 
Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chester Springs, PA, USA
Posts: 1,675
Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Mal de Debarquement - Can it last 6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Viking View Post
That article mentions treating it with SSRIs. I was on Prozac in my younger days. I wonder if I need to have that prescribed again.
Hi

U can always ask ur NEUROTOLOGIST---what he thinks---show him the Northwestern Univ paper on it....see what he has to say..

---not up on MAV---but many on here are---maybe they will provide a couple of "groups" on MAV....


 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Dizzyness 24/7 for last 17 years. owgm Inner Ear Disorders 1 09-28-2009 01:31 PM
Mal De Debarquement?? please Nooooooooooooo!! Boslee2008 Inner Ear Disorders 7 07-30-2008 02:34 AM
Scotsman and others,...please read my Mal De debarquement thread!!! Boslee2008 Inner Ear Disorders 3 07-28-2008 04:53 PM
Revisiting Mal de debarquement beanerz777 Inner Ear Disorders 0 07-21-2007 02:13 PM
Mal de debarquement syndrome (MdDS) anyone? mariamiami8 Inner Ear Disorders 8 08-30-2004 07:28 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



bindar (20), studyin (14), Notdiggingdizzy (12), Amy1007 (12), hbep (9), lovineachday (9), Wowwweee (7), Teetime01 (6), warpony2310 (6), IdyllicLife (6)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1136), MSJayhawk (941), Apollo123 (856), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (771), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (655), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:36 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!