It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #1
(male)

Mad Viking HB User
Mal de Debarquement - Can it last 6 years?

My problems started on August 22, 2001. I was on a fishing trip in Alaska. Ever seen the fishing show on Discovery Channel (The Most Dangerous Catch)? It was like that. I have had dizziness, tinnitus, ear fullness, headache problems ever since. Can mal de debarqument last this long?

My first neurotologist thought I had a perilymphatic fistula. He did a surgery that didn't seem to help. My current neurotologist doesn't believe that I have a perilymphatic fistula at this time (if ever). Currently we are going the "migraine" route and I am on propranolol (not sure if it is working).

My last option seems to be mal de debarquement, but I have never read anywhere that symptoms can last this long.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Mal de Debarquement - Can it last 6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Viking View Post
My problems started on August 22, 2001. I was on a fishing trip in Alaska. Ever seen the fishing show on Discovery Channel (The Most Dangerous Catch)? It was like that. I have had dizziness, tinnitus, ear fullness, headache problems ever since. Can mal de debarqument last this long?

My first neurotologist thought I had a perilymphatic fistula. He did a surgery that didn't seem to help. My current neurotologist doesn't believe that I have a perilymphatic fistula at this time (if ever). Currently we are going the "migraine" route and I am on propranolol (not sure if it is working).

My last option seems to be mal de debarquement, but I have never read anywhere that symptoms can last this long.

Hi

..."Can it last 6 years?"....

Yes---or longer----go here: (Northwestern Univ(Dr Hain's site---in "Sticky"):

[url]http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/central/mdd.html[/url]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
(male)

Mad Viking HB User
Re: Mal de Debarquement - Can it last 6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subs30 View Post
Hi

..."Can it last 6 years?"....

Yes---or longer----go here: (Northwestern Univ(Dr Hain's site---in "Sticky"):

[url]http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/central/mdd.html[/url]

That article mentions treating it with SSRIs. I was on Prozac in my younger days. I wonder if I need to have that prescribed again.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Mal de Debarquement - Can it last 6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Viking View Post
That article mentions treating it with SSRIs. I was on Prozac in my younger days. I wonder if I need to have that prescribed again.
Hi

U can always ask ur NEUROTOLOGIST---what he thinks---show him the Northwestern Univ paper on it....see what he has to say..

---not up on MAV---but many on here are---maybe they will provide a couple of "groups" on MAV....

Closed Thread