It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Feeling Miserable

Hey all... I have been feeling really low lately.. The last 3 days have been unbearable in terms of the modd I am in as well as the dizzies. This blip or whatever it is has been here for 5 weeks now and I dont know when it will leave.. I am getting really depressed and regressing to a bad state.

I just feel utterly odd/strange.. The symptoms are fluctuating it sees.. One day I wake upa nd I cant focus, the next its strange dizzies, and alotof fatigue.. I am losing it here.>>>!!!!

Tummy

Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Feeling Miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy2 View Post
Hey all... I have been feeling really low lately.. The last 3 days have been unbearable in terms of the modd I am in as well as the dizzies. This blip or whatever it is has been here for 5 weeks now and I dont know when it will leave.. I am getting really depressed and regressing to a bad state.

I just feel utterly odd/strange.. The symptoms are fluctuating it sees.. One day I wake upa nd I cant focus, the next its strange dizzies, and alotof fatigue.. I am losing it here.>>>!!!!

Tummy
Hi Tummy

Went back though all ur posts(that I could find)---says Lab's---what is the latest on ur Doc(s)---seen a NEUROTOLOGIST?

If u feel up to it---& when u get a chance---run(post) ur original & latest symptoms---again....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Re: Feeling Miserable

Hey Subs,

Initial Symptoms:

Head Pressure
Heavy Head
Headache
Strange Dizzy,woozy feeling
Neck Stiffness
Vivid Dreams
Hearing Heartbeat in year.

Over the course of 9 months or so, it gradually got better until I was 100%. Noe when I get a cold, it acts up almost everytime. Its driving me crazy.... But i cant stay health either,.... My Daughter is always Sick with something, and I always catch it... I am going nuts here.. I feel miserable... This has been 5 weeks since I got that cold....

Latest symptoms are:

Pressure, left side
Neck Stiffness
Woozy

They are definately not as severe as when it all started but nevertheless, when you go from being 100%, its terrible!!

I saw a neurotologist originally.. I havent seen anyone in over 1 year, but I was told it was probably vestibular in nature... I was diagnosed labs, and left it at that.... Got all the MRI'setc.. full workups multiple times....

Old 07-16-2007, 02:42 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Hey Subs,

Initial Symptoms:

Head Pressure
Heavy Head
Headache
Strange Dizzy,woozy feeling
Neck Stiffness
Vivid Dreams
Hearing Heartbeat in year.

Over the course of 9 months or so, it gradually got better until I was 100%. Noe when I get a cold, it acts up almost everytime. Its driving me crazy.... But i cant stay health either,.... My Daughter is always Sick with something, and I always catch it... I am going nuts here.. I feel miserable... This has been 5 weeks since I got that cold....

Latest symptoms are:

Pressure, left side
Neck Stiffness
Woozy

They are definately not as severe as when it all started but nevertheless, when you go from being 100%, its terrible!!

I saw a neurotologist originally.. I havent seen anyone in over 1 year, but I was told it was probably vestibular in nature... I was diagnosed labs, and left it at that.... Got all the MRI'setc.. full workups multiple times....
Hi Tummy

If u made it to 100%---u will do it again---its a decomp----from the cold---not unusual---5 wks---a little long---but also not unusual---the video's from the Harvard Doc in the "sticky" tells/describes why.....

If ur insurance will tolerate it---might try the NEUROTOLOGIST---might be able to take the edge off....

Old 07-16-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

I am right there with Tummy - I have been feeling horrid since 4th of July. I guess it's this "decomp" thing everyone talks about but it's still frustrating and I don't completely understand it. I was about 90% in June and now I am totally woozy and every morning I wake up feeling terrible. I had to resort to Ativan this past weekend because we were out of town at a huge soccer tournament (people, crowds, sun, noise, etc.). I know we aren't supposed to use Ativan during decomp so our brains can relearn, right? I couldn't help it though. It was either that, or pass out.

Hey Subs, where exactly on the sticky notes can I find more info on decompensation? Does this happen every time we get sick for the rest of our lives? I didn't even get sick - I just had my monthly cycle and BOOM - it killed me!

Old 07-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

I know you guys are right.. I once had a decomp that lasted 9 weeks after I had got some strange virus that gave me a low grade fever for 2 weeks.... That was miserable.. I had anotehr 8 week decomp in Nov after a Stomach Flu, and the rest havebeen around 2-3 weeks.... I miss 100%.. I really hate this feeling..

I am not sure though, but I may have had a second cold in the middle of this decomp.. Not quite sure..... I was sneezing and runny nose, but put it down to allergies... but it may have been a minor cold. I am hoping my body can get the hell out of this one soon!!!

Thanks for your help Subs... What do you mean Neurotologist taking the edge off? Do you mean with something like a benzo?

Old 07-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy7777 View Post
I am right there with Tummy - I have been feeling horrid since 4th of July. I guess it's this "decomp" thing everyone talks about but it's still frustrating and I don't completely understand it. I was about 90% in June and now I am totally woozy and every morning I wake up feeling terrible. I had to resort to Ativan this past weekend because we were out of town at a huge soccer tournament (people, crowds, sun, noise, etc.). I know we aren't supposed to use Ativan during decomp so our brains can relearn, right? I couldn't help it though. It was either that, or pass out.

Hey Subs, where exactly on the sticky notes can I find more info on decompensation? Does this happen every time we get sick for the rest of our lives? I didn't even get sick - I just had my monthly cycle and BOOM - it killed me!
Hi Missy

..."Hey Subs, where exactly on the sticky notes can I find more info on decompensation?"....

You should be able to view the Harvard Vestibular Video Clips by going to:

[url]http://www.meei.harvard.edu/patient/rauch.php[/url]

Then select under:

"Balance and Dizziness"

Vestibular Compensation or Vestibular Rehabilitation

All of Dr.Rauch's Online Otology Clinic video's are excellent---try them all....

..."Does this happen every time we get sick for the rest of our lives?"...

Well it varies from person to person---depending on the nature of the vestibular injury---but for the most part---it can hang around---for a while....

Old 07-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
I know you guys are right.. I once had a decomp that lasted 9 weeks after I had got some strange virus that gave me a low grade fever for 2 weeks.... That was miserable.. I had anotehr 8 week decomp in Nov after a Stomach Flu, and the rest havebeen around 2-3 weeks.... I miss 100%.. I really hate this feeling..

I am not sure though, but I may have had a second cold in the middle of this decomp.. Not quite sure..... I was sneezing and runny nose, but put it down to allergies... but it may have been a minor cold. I am hoping my body can get the hell out of this one soon!!!

Thanks for your help Subs... What do you mean Neurotologist taking the edge off? Do you mean with something like a benzo?
Hi Tummy

Not necessarily---think---if the Doc is any good---he might have something in his little black bag---for when u decomp---or have some suggestions--how to make it easier---plus---having another set of educated eyes---on the problem---might help---preventing it---in the future....with this junk---u never know where/what....help might come from----the main thing---is---it is curable/fixable(for most) and not to give up/in---u can beat it...it will take time...but---u can....most who keep at it------do!!!

But---it is a piece of work---that's for sure!!

Last edited by Subs30; 07-16-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

Thanks Subs - I watched both videos and at the very end of the Vestibular Compensation video it actually brought tears (of joy) to my eyes when he says that eventually the decompensation episodes END. Hallelujah!

Old 07-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #10
Inactive
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy7777 View Post
Thanks Subs - I watched both videos and at the very end of the Vestibular Compensation video it actually brought tears (of joy) to my eyes when he says that eventually the decompensation episodes END. Hallelujah!
Hi missy

Good!!!

Yep---he is right(for most) it ends---hard to grasp that---during it all---but---its TRUE!!

Elvis does leave the building....

Old 07-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #11
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Once Elvis gets out of th ebuilding, Take a shotgun to the back of his head

Thanks for all the supportive advice... I really needed it this time around!

Closed Thread