It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

cath1024 HB User
Crunching sound when i turn my head

Hi there,

I have been having this sound for the past 6 months now of like crunching crackling gritty sound when i turn my head side to side or rotate it around in a circle. the sound stops once my head is still. The sound does not sound or feel like its coming from neck sound like its behind my nose somewhere.

I also have thick mucus feeling in the back of my throat which i can only get out if i forcefully snort and clear my throat.

I have been to the ENT and my family dr and both say it is allergies and give me nasal sprays and send me off, no exray, mri or anything.

I have no feeling of nasal congestion, plugged ears or any allergy symptoms.

My husband can even hear the crunching sound when he stands next to me.

I am getting very worried that maybe this is something other then anything to do with my so called allergies as nothing is making it go away.

I want to go back to my dr but im worried that she will start to get sick of me for coming in for the same problem so much ... last time i was there was 3 weeks ago.

Does this sound like something to do with allergies or the ears nose throat to anyone?

Thank

Old 07-17-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User
Re: Crunching sound when i turn my head

I had that, it went away by going to the chiropractor. It was very tight muscles in my neck.

cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
(female)

cath1024 HB User

Thanks for your reply but i realy dont think the noise is coming from my neck ... i can still hear it when i turn my whole body side to side using my hips so my neck and head are level with each other.

It almost sounds like liquid moving around like a crackling crunching sound.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

I didn't think the noise was coming from my neck but it was Chiropractitioner got rid of it, it comes back when I'm "bunged up" but a quick visit to the chiro sorts it again.
Jayne

Old 07-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
(female)

cath1024 HB User

did you have any other symptoms other then the sound of fluid crackling around?

Old 07-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

Yes, I had ringing in my ears, which also helped when I went to the chiropractor. If I would shrugg my shoulders my ears would ring. When I would do my VOR stablization exercises, it sounded my neck bones were rubbing on each other.

Im in my 16th month of BPPV and some kind of vestibular weakness that the doc never defined, but I am recovering very well...feels like the end is near. I just have blips here and there.

Cathy

Old 07-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Yes I had loads of other things going on as well, I had stiff neck and shoulders, a sensation of loud noises making my nose itch (weird that one) a ringing in the ears that went when I put my head on one side, the noise I made chewing food was unbearable, a dripping noise when going from lying to sitting, ears would click continually when talking on the phone as well.

Do you have any of these??
Jayne

Old 07-17-2007, 02:07 PM   #8
(female)

cath1024 HB User

no i have no other symptoms at all other then the thick mucus in the back of my throat ... i was thinking maybe it is mucus that is trapped somewhere behine my nose and that is what i hear? The ENT checked my ears and said there was no fluid and also did a hearing test so i dont know if it is fluid or not.

My neck feel perfectly fine.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Post Nasal drip was also on overdrive, but that is not so bad either??
Jayne

Closed Thread