It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 11:31 AM   #1
(female)

amlp HB User
Brain junk???

Hi Board

Please help with my question. I seem to do okay for about 3 weeks then on the first day of my cycle things go pear shape. the dizzies start etc. but the worst for me is that i keep getting thoughts that come out of nowhere and feel incrediably familiar. Almost like a dream that i am trying to remember. but the freak out is that i can never remember the whole thought. i know this probably sounds completely strange and that is exactly why it stresses me out. it happens about every 20 minutes. out of nowhere something will remind me of this dream/memory i have had, but i cannot complete the full thought. it is almost like deju vu. It really is weird. Does anybody else get strange mental/brain confusion, disorientation. When all of this started with me, this was one of the main symptoms i had. then it went away and no it only happens about every 3 weeks. Please if any one can shed any light on this it would be great.

many thanks

ash

Old 07-17-2007, 01:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Brain junk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlp View Post
Hi Board

Please help with my question. I seem to do okay for about 3 weeks then on the first day of my cycle things go pear shape. the dizzies start etc. but the worst for me is that i keep getting thoughts that come out of nowhere and feel incrediably familiar. Almost like a dream that i am trying to remember. but the freak out is that i can never remember the whole thought. i know this probably sounds completely strange and that is exactly why it stresses me out. it happens about every 20 minutes. out of nowhere something will remind me of this dream/memory i have had, but i cannot complete the full thought. it is almost like deju vu. It really is weird. Does anybody else get strange mental/brain confusion, disorientation. When all of this started with me, this was one of the main symptoms i had. then it went away and no it only happens about every 3 weeks. Please if any one can shed any light on this it would be great.

many thanks

ash
Hi Ash

..."i know this probably sounds completely strange and that is exactly why it stresses me out."....

No it does not sound strange---I had that(and many others problems like it)---during my 13/14 months with Lab/VN/BPPV...

It(the Lab/VN/BPPV) is gone now---and has been for about 4/5 years.

It is not unusual---for a vestibular injury---it sort of is lump under---"Cognitive Disturbances"---which can be a part of the vestibular injury....

Kenneth Erickson, M.D gave a presentation out in Portland Oregon recently on the:

"COGNITIVE ASPECTS OF VESTIBULAR DISORDERS"

..."Patients and families, of course, have known for a long time that vestibular disorders bring about cognitive difficulties. Some psychologists and neurologists here in Portland for at least five years, crystallizing in the last two or three years, have now begun to recognize and study a number of cognitive disturbances associated with vestibular disorders."....

In any case---it will go---as u compensate---for the vestibular injury---could take a little time---(may come and go)---but eventually it goes.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2007, 05:57 AM   #3
(female)

amlp HB User
Re: Brain junk???

Hi subs you are a sweetheart. thank you for the reply. When you say you had the same was it also familiar feelings that you could not put your finger on, like maybe a dream that you had. thanks for the info.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Brain junk???

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlp View Post
Hi subs you are a sweetheart. thank you for the reply. When you say you had the same was it also familiar feelings that you could not put your finger on, like maybe a dream that you had. thanks for the info.
Hi Ash

Well that certainly was one of them---the one that stands out---was I forgot---how to complete signing my name---sometimes I could do it---others---first name etc.....I'm not sure why anyone "cashed the checks"------there were many others---sort of covered the water front....

But it all went---when I got to 100% compensation---as not come back(knock on wood)---sure will be the same for you.....

Closed Thread