It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 09:34 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User
A living hell

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum .

I have had balance problems for the past 4 years now,
it all started when I had a very dizzy spell whilst driving around a round about.
Then I started getting ear pain and a buzzing in my left ear.
My doctors told me i was getting panic attacks.

Things got worse, I started getting more daily dizzy spells, I felt off balance alot, especially walking down the street or when its windy weather.
The floor sometimes moves, like it shifts very fast to the left and my head feels too heavy to hold up, its like its being pulled towards the floor and then I get very scared cos Its so dramatic, I feel I cant focus on one spot.

Also when in the house , if I look up at the clock I feel like I am falling backwards very fast, sometimes in shops I get overwhelmed with all the movement going on and get dizzy.

2 weeks ago I had 2 ear infections (in both ears) and the doctor gave me antibiotics which has cleared it up, but this week Ive been told I have a white milky fluid behind the ear drums and that I am being reffered to a audiologist.
what could this be ?

My dizzy spells come and go daily on and off, sometimes I feel slightly sick when it is really bad, Im now too afraid to leave my house, I absolutely hate living like this and would love to know what is wrong with me.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

roseamb HB User
Re: A living hell

Hi There Please go and see an ENT an Ear Nose and Throat Doctor right away. Dont wait on National Health if you can avoid it. Know there are some terrible back logs in Nat'l Health
The ENTcan run the proper tests to see what is causing your problems You could have an infection of some kind or it might be Meniere's .It is best left to the professionals to figure it out. So sorry that you waited four years Please take care and get help soonGod B less Rose

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2007, 11:27 AM   #3
(male)

Rick441 HB User

i totally relate to this. Ive had this going on for years and years. I have had many negative thoughts about it all and recently i have only been able to reach one option........which i dont want to start considering ( you can guess it)
I have had all the test imagineable and all have showed normal. Ive never had a diagnosis and never received any treatment that has actually helped me. my life too is a living hell and its ruined alot of things in my life especially employment and relationships.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User

Thanks for replys, Ive actually considered going private but worry about the cost. Rick, sounds like its getting to you too, do you find your never know what the day has in store for you ?
Sometimes I think, "oh maybe this is just anxiety" ? but then I think it cant be, its just too severe.

what scares me the most is the heavy head feeling being pulled towards the floor (whats that all about ?)

Its nice to meet other people who understand xxx

Old 07-19-2007, 05:43 AM   #5
(male)

Rick441 HB User

i totally understand. Unfortunately, i cant be really positive. It has totally grinded me down. I can be assured of one thing, i know whats coming the next day and its not good.....the same problem. I personally have given up on finding solutions.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsk View Post
Thanks for replys, Ive actually considered going private but worry about the cost. Rick, sounds like its getting to you too, do you find your never know what the day has in store for you ?
Sometimes I think, "oh maybe this is just anxiety" ? but then I think it cant be, its just too severe.

what scares me the most is the heavy head feeling being pulled towards the floor (whats that all about ?)

Its nice to meet other people who understand xxx
I started off paying privately, the first consulancy was about £100.00 and each one after was £80.00, at the same time I got myself on the NHS list with the same consultant, he was nost helpful and transferred me over to the HNS for the expensive test. . . . maybe this is worth trying.
Jayne

Closed Thread