It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
Exclamation Reassurance???

Hi all on days like these (rainy cold and woke up feeling crappy) I just need some reassurance that this will go away. It feels like forever ( I know it has only been 5 months) but I am going crazy!!! This will go away right??? Soon hopefully I am going nuts here.....

Old 07-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User
Re: Reassurance???

I hope so!!
Jayne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2007, 02:27 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User

You're doing so well- you will get better, just keep it up!

Old 07-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Keep doing your exercises...rain can make some feel worse. Exercises...and not stopping will get you there...

Old 07-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #5
(female)

centaur1201 HB User

Belief in yourself and a STRONG positive outlook (i.e. telling yourself " I WILL get better" or "I am getting better and better everyday in every way" will really make a difference in your healing. I know it is very hard to stay positive in the face of bad days, but you've got to try. You know how when you call in sick to get a day off work when you aren't really sick,; you pick up the phone to call in, you make the stuffy, horse, "I'm not feeling so good" voice, explain how you've been puking and your head hurts and your stuffed up... Ever noticed that after you make that call that strangely you do start to feel a little under the weather? This is called the power of suggestion. When you summon up thoughts of misery, fear, hopelessness, and malaise, your body does not know any different and you will manifest and will definately end up feeling that way. If, on the other hand, you tell yourself, "Today this thing isnt going to stop me! I will be happy! I will be healthy! And I'm taking charge here!" You will begin to feel a noticeable difference. My husband has a favorite saying- " The human body moves along the path of its expectations." Meaning that whatever it is you are expecting, that is the way you will be.
One of my favorite sayings is "Wheather you can do a thing or not- you are right."
So hopefully you will start to try to be PROACTIVE and gain a warrior spirit against this. Good luck - you CAN do it!

Old 07-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Dizzy....

One thing I notice, is that you tend to get worked up alot.... I know this is difficult and easier said than done, but you need to 'relax', calm down and just try to stay positive. I freak out as well...... We all do, and we all know it doesnt do us any good... Only adds to the anxiety which makes this stuff worse. JUST REMEMBER!!!!

You were feeling great!!! You didnt feel great before...... Now you had some great days.. more will follow!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 06:19 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Oh and good post centaur!!! Again easier said than done...

Old 07-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #8
(female)

treefarmer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur1201 View Post
Belief in yourself and a STRONG positive outlook (i.e. telling yourself " I WILL get better" or "I am getting better and better everyday in every way" will really make a difference in your healing. I know it is very hard to stay positive in the face of bad days, but you've got to try. You know how when you call in sick to get a day off work when you aren't really sick,; you pick up the phone to call in, you make the stuffy, horse, "I'm not feeling so good" voice, explain how you've been puking and your head hurts and your stuffed up... Ever noticed that after you make that call that strangely you do start to feel a little under the weather? This is called the power of suggestion. When you summon up thoughts of misery, fear, hopelessness, and malaise, your body does not know any different and you will manifest and will definately end up feeling that way. If, on the other hand, you tell yourself, "Today this thing isnt going to stop me! I will be happy! I will be healthy! And I'm taking charge here!" You will begin to feel a noticeable difference. My husband has a favorite saying- " The human body moves along the path of its expectations." Meaning that whatever it is you are expecting, that is the way you will be.
One of my favorite sayings is "Wheather you can do a thing or not- you are right."
So hopefully you will start to try to be PROACTIVE and gain a warrior spirit against this. Good luck - you CAN do it!

Hi Centaur,

Love those quotes, especially the second one which I've heard before, but it's stiil so great and sooooooooo true. I love your positive message. Mind over matter is so important in this and very difficult. Researchers already are very aware that people with positive attitudes have a much higher recovery or cure rate than those who don't. The human body has such miraculous powers of bringing itself back into balance. We have to listen and learn.

Cheers from a fellow Oregonian (Portland).
Terri

Old 07-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #9
(female)

centaur1201 HB User

Thanx Treefarmer (Terri)!
How cool that you are here in Portland also!
I agree, our minds are very powerful tools, more powerful than I think we are even remotely aware of. Staying positive when you are feeling terrible IS hard, but like any exercise, it DOES get easier to do with practice. I believe that when we are re-programing ourselves with positive thoughts, those thoughts become belief and our brains begin to form new pathways, not only of thought, but actual physical neuro-pathways. So the more you do it the easier it becomes because the foundation of a pathway is already there.
I, like everyone on here, have had my share of feeling swamped with anxiety and dizziness,fear and doubt thinking and feeling it will never go away. BUT I have a life to live, and people I love dearly in this life, let alone the things I enjoy doing. I don't want to sit on the side lines and watch it go by, so even on a bad day I make myself do things, and keep busy to the best of my abilities. So, on a bad day I just let myself know that it will pas and that I will be feeling better sometime. Believe me, I am not skipping about strewing flowers through the air on a bad day, but I do not become a victim to it either. Infact, I just came out of a two week streach of feeling woozy and the like. I decided to go back to doing MEP's on a daily basis, and now I have had four days in a row of feeling 100%!!!!!
Well, here's to hoping that you are feeling good too! Take care!
Hurray for Portland!

Last edited by centaur1201; 07-21-2007 at 09:57 AM.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #10
(female)

sue g HB User

I know how you feel. I have had dizziness/vertigo for 4 weeks now and it is debilitating. can't drive, can't go out on my own, can't work and it's not knowing exactly what it is and how long it will last for. I also had it for 7 weeks 17 months ago and that was bad enough but poor you - I hope it goes away soon. Do you know what is causing it? Sue G

Old 07-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

I have Labryinthitis/VN

Old 07-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #12
(female)

sue g HB User

My GP reckons that is what I have. I get so fed up with it but try to stay positive and not let it take over my life. But it is difficult when you are continuously affected by it. My doc prescribed hibistine which is helping and I'm taking full strength vit C and B complex to help build my immune system and also a herbal remedy ginkho biloba which I was told helps. Are you on medication? I have had MRI, blood tests, ECG, hearing tests and so far normal but I have been referred back to ENT. Hope you feel well soon - try to stay positive! sue

Closed Thread