It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
(female)

centaur1201 HB User
Smile Antivan + Dentist=HAPPY!

Thanks to all who reassured me about Antivan!
I just got back from the dentist and got that tooth pulled, and it was the best trip to the dentist in my WHOLE LIFE!!!! Instead of tremling, sweating, feeling cold, heart racing, and generally choking on fear - the Antivan miraculously took all that away, infact I almost feel asleep!?! AND NO DIZZIES!!!!!!!! That was my overriding fear, that I would get dizzy and freak out even more. God, am I glad that's over.
Thank you again to all of you who wrote(especially Scottsman), you and your comments/advice was a huge help!!! Thanks a million. I hope that you are all having a great dizzy free day!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User
Re: Antivan + Dentist=HAPPY!

Ativan has saved me several times - especially this past weekend when I had a very busy three days out and about in the heat, and crowds. I try not to take it unless totally necessary (like dentist appointments, too!). I just LOVE it because it takes away the dizzies (in addition to being so absolutely calming).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2007, 09:02 PM   #3
(female)

centaur1201 HB User

It would be great if I could get a regular Rx for this, just to have on hand. I DO have 1 pill left over, so I'm saving it for the next time I'm having an anxiety attack. Hopefully when I go back to get the implant placed in they will prescribe me another couple of pills! Do you get your regular Rx through your General Practitioner? I do not have a regular Dr. that I see (no insurance) so I am curious about how to get it. Most undoubtedly by seeing a dr, I doubt that my dentist could give me a long term prescription.
*sigh* Oh well, I am just so grateful that everything went smoothly today! Hallelujuah!

Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

I got my Ativan from my ENT doc. He prescribed 30 (each) 0.5mg tabs so I have plenty to last me a while. I only take 1/4 of a tablet when I am feeling slightly woozy (and have things to do), and I take 1/2 of a tablet if I am really feeling bad. In the beginning of this ordeal (in March) I had to take the whole pill but I am finding that 1/2 is fine now.

You should definitely be able to get a prescription from a GP or ENT for your inner ear problems/dizziness. It's a MUST!!

Old 07-24-2007, 09:59 AM   #5
(female)

centaur1201 HB User

Thanks missy777. I will look into it for sure! I was very happy with they way it took the edge off the anxiety.

Old 07-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

so question....does the ativan help with dizziness for most people? or just with anxiety??? i've been given the xanax for the vertigo related anxiety, but it does nothing for my dizzies. if it helps with both more than xanax, i would definitely like to switch and see. please let me know

Old 07-24-2007, 08:08 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

For me, Ativan works on both dizziness and anxiety. The only side effect from this (for me) is that it makes me a little sleepy. That is why I only take 1/4 or 1/2 of a 0.5mg tablet. It takes the dizziness away and the anxiety but I don't feel like I have to go to sleep - I can continue working.

Ativan has been a lifesaver for my real bad blips when I can't just lay in bed all day long (I have 4 children!)

Old 07-24-2007, 08:44 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy7777 View Post
For me, Ativan works on both dizziness and anxiety. The only side effect from this (for me) is that it makes me a little sleepy. That is why I only take 1/4 or 1/2 of a 0.5mg tablet. It takes the dizziness away and the anxiety but I don't feel like I have to go to sleep - I can continue working.

Ativan has been a lifesaver for my real bad blips when I can't just lay in bed all day long (I have 4 children!)

thank you for that info! i only take half .25mg xanax at night right now, and sometimes when i'm having a stressful day. but it does nothing for dizzies. it makes me a little groggy feeling, and almost like a hangover in the morning-but that might just be the vertigo--yuck! anyone else? it definitely is worth a shot?

Last edited by alexiwildchild; 07-24-2007 at 08:48 PM.

Closed Thread