It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User
Unhappy severe morning dizziness and headaches... anyone?!?! please HELP!!

so...if you've seen my other thread, the neurotologist said he wasnt 100% sure about me having meniere's, but gave me diuretics to use for a few weeks before my follow-up.

couple of questions.....
1)anyone else been given diuretics for this? has it helped?

2) i've been having extremely horrible headaches upon waking up. i have some tmj issues, but don't know if its from the dizziness/anxiety or what it is. anyone else with vertigo or meniere's experience this. i don't know if it's migraines or not, i've only had one in my life. i was extremely nauseated this morning along with the headache. it was like when i stood up, someone was pressing down on the back and top of my head.

please help if anyone can relate!

Old 07-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
(female)

highdesert71 HB User
Re: severe morning dizziness and headaches... anyone?!?! please HELP!!

Alex,
Do you only have the severe dizziness and bad headaches when you first wake up in the morning, and then they fade away after you've been up for awhile? Or do you have the dizziness and headaches pretty much all the time, but they are just at their worst first thing upon awakening? Let me know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

hi,

the severe headaches have been in the morning, along with the dizziness. however, i have been taking 2 tylenol and it helps with that. but the dizziness and unsteadiness is pretty much all day. sometimes with a slight tinge of a headache here and there throughout the day. it feels like i can feel my pulse hard in the back of my head. dont know if that helps make any sense....

thanks!

Old 07-21-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
(female)

highdesert71 HB User

Alex,
At first I was wondering if you might have MAV... You should read some of my posts from the past two weeks and see if any of your symptoms are similar to mine. Do you have jaw problems/pain, and teeth clenching? I am searching for answers too, as I am in living hell with my symptoms. I am right there with you, and your misery and frustration and anxiety. Anyway, let me know.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:28 PM   #5
(female)

highdesert71 HB User

Yes, the other thing I used to have when all my symptoms started 2.5 years ago was being able to feel my pulse/heartbeat in the back of my head! That symptom is not very prevalent now... and sometimes not there at all, but I still feel terrible with the other symptoms.

Old 07-21-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesert71 View Post
Alex,
At first I was wondering if you might have MAV... You should read some of my posts from the past two weeks and see if any of your symptoms are similar to mine. Do you have jaw problems/pain, and teeth clenching? I am searching for answers too, as I am in living hell with my symptoms. I am right there with you, and your misery and frustration and anxiety. Anyway, let me know.
i will read your posts about that. i do have bruxism or clenching of the teeth and have been told i may have a TMJ problem--my teeth are definitely not aligned, nor it feels like my jaw is. please let me know if you find anything out, as i will let you know too! this is so frustrating!!! good luck to you

Closed Thread