It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

joy78 HB User
Smile Hello All

Hello Everyone,
It's been a while since I've updated what's been going on in my life and I hope that those who are new to these boards can feel hopeful in knowing that there are people who can recover and live a normal life again. I am doing well and feeling 100% most of the time now (knock on wood). A blip here and there does happen but nothing that even bothers me anymore. I am about to start my last semester of PT school and then I will graduate in May of 08! I can't believe 3 years has gone by so fast. I just wanted to let those who are new to these boards realize that life will get better, things will get back to normal. Although it may take some time, things will take a turn for the better. I wasn't formally diagnosed but I do have a 35% reduction in function in my R ear. Docs have said Labs, I've heard BPPV, but I'm not really sure.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello to everyone and wish us all many many more dizzy free days to come!
Joy

Old 07-20-2007, 04:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Re: Hello All

Joy, thanks so much for your post...I have read many of your old posts, and it is wonderful to hear you are feeling well. Will you specialize in dizzys as a PT? I think the fact that you have gone through 3 years of this while you were healing is amazing!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

joy78 HB User

Hi Charlotte,
I think i will go into vestibular rehab. It's a very specialized field i need to get further education once I graduate. I know it will be worth it though. i think I will go into many fields of PT but I definatley want to have a part in vestibular rehab because I think it helps to see someone who can really understand what patients are going through. How are you doing?

Old 07-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Joy, that sounds wonderful...we need good vestibular rehab PTs...as you well know.

Thanks for asking about me. I am going on 12 months August 8th(funny how we all remember the day, eh)...and I am much better. Am I 100%...no. However, I am doing everything I use to plus. We just got back from a festival...and it was packed with people and motion...

I am still doing vrts and really thing it is my eyes that are still off.

I bet those moments you feel "off"...will go away over time too!

Have you heard from Gloria?

Closed Thread