It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User
black spots that float in your vision???

ok...since i've had problems with vertigo for 6 weeks (the neuroto says possible meinere's), i've noticed that in my right eye i see like one black spot that floats around with my vision. like when i look up, it moves up...when i look sideways, it follows it. it's not all the time-it seems to come and go. it seems like my main problem ear is my right one...is there a connection to this? anyone else experience these spots? maybe i should see an eye doctor too???? i think i'm exhausting all the dr's i can!!!arghhhhh!!!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 09:18 PM   #2
(female)

highdesert71 HB User
Re: black spots that float in your vision???

Hey Alex,
What you are seeing is a floater. I started getting them right around the time of my vestibular problem too.... and they are really annoying. But they are harmless. I also see lots of black specks moving around (different than the floaters) if I look into a bright clear surface... like if I look up at the blue sky on a sunny day...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
(female)

lulu77 HB User

They do sound like floaters. I have always had one or two but since getting sick last year I have noticed lots more. My theory is that because your brain is working hard on other things then it's not able to ignore the floaters quite like it used to. Just a theory though

Lou

Old 07-26-2007, 06:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

thanks guys! then i'm not crazy i didn't know if it was just one more problem. do they go away when the dizzies go away-(if they ever do?!)

Old 07-26-2007, 06:38 PM   #5
(female)

lulu77 HB User

They are harmless and apparently your brain learns to ignore them over time. Not sure how long that would take with the added pressure of illness and seeing as my dizziness hasn't gone away yet I can't answer the second part of your question! I do know though that when I'm feeling reasonably well I don't notice them as much. Hope that helps.

Lou

Old 07-26-2007, 06:39 PM   #6
(female)

highdesert71 HB User

Mine have never gone away since I got dizzy, but then again, I am still dizzy 24/7!! Isn't it delightful... all this $!@% we have to deal with, while having this disorder?! I can say that they don't bother me as much as they used to when they first appeared, but that's not much consolation.

Old 07-27-2007, 08:44 AM   #7
(male)

herofix HB User

I still have my floaters too, even though 99% of my balance/dizzy symptoms have faded. I seem to recall Subs saying that the visual symptoms are the last to go, as your brain learns to "trust" the input of the vest. system again. I hope with continued VRT's that they will go away completely one day...

Dan

Old 08-08-2007, 07:14 AM   #8
(male)

WhyAmIDizzy? HB User

I have had eye floaters for the past 13 years in both eyes. They are black, but if I focus on them, they open up and look like a deformed donut (wavy). I sometimes see these weird white things that I can only compare to sperm under a magnifying glass. They look exactly like tadpoles. Thank God they go away when I rub my eyes (these I only see maybe 5 times a year). From what I understand with the black floaters....my eye doctor says that they are harmless and basically I'll have to live with them. They do become annoying at times, but just another thing that I have to deal with (along with headaches, dizzies, unsteadyness, cloudy head, fatigue, memory trouble). The floaters are definitely at their worst when I look at a bright blue sky. I haven't noticed any difference in the amount of floaters since having these dizzy issues though.

Closed Thread