It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

catcopy HB User
Is this how others feel?

My "morning spells" don't seem to be full-fledged dizzyness but they do seem to be more like a lightheaded, groggy-full headed feeling when I first stand up. It doesn't happen every morning but on the mornings it does happen, I can usually count on my entire day feeling unsteady and bad. The second day I feel a little better and so on and so forth. Then it starts all over again. Sometimes it's twice a week, sometimes it can go for almost a year and then sometimes is lasts daily for a month or so. I ALWAYS have the constant high pitched ringing. This time I went and had an audiogram done and I'm scheduled for an ENT appt. on Aug. 7th. I guess that's a start. From reading this message board perhaps a neurology appt. should be made too. My dad had similar symptoms but I really didn't pay attention to all his symptoms (now I wish I would have). On the days I do have my foggy, unsteady, crappy feeling I get very depressed and worried about brain tumors, etc. I HATE ALL OF THIS!!!!!!!! The person who did my audiogram said everything "looked" ok except for a slight hearing loss and that perhaps PT would help. There is just so much to learn about and to me it's so confusing. Just where do I begin? Thanks for your help - this message board has certainly been a big help to me.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User
Re: Is this how others feel?

Yep - every morning since I've gotten this freak thing is a test of "how my day will be". It's quite pathetic actually, to wake up, and then wonder, "what am I going to feel like when I stand up?" And I can usually even tell before I get out of bed and I am foggy/groggy/yucky and it makes me want to stay in bed just to avoid the let down.

Some days are better than others of course. But I wish those were more!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

comeandrelax HB User

yup same for me. it used to be alot worse but its still when i wake up and open my eyes it usually tells what my day will be like. even when i wake up with a bad head usually by the afternoon im ok.

but it is much better than it was

Old 07-30-2007, 06:28 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Same here.. If I am ok in the morning, it usually translates to a better day overall. Yup.. Wish they were more.....

This feeling sux.... Some days feel like my head is really tight, others, really dizzy, some days just strange and I cannot explain it....

Old 07-30-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

I know - it is so hard to explain to others especially. The best way I can describe the feeling on really yucky days is that I feel extremely hungover (even though I haven't had a drop of alcohol). At least a hangover goes away as the day progresses, but this horrid thing just stays and stays and stays. My episodes can last for days, sometimes weeks. Then I will have a week or two where I feel semi-normal, and then it slowly starts to creep back.

I guess it is getting better though...Still makes me cry frequently though because it is so frustrating and mysterious (and PERSISTENT!!).

Closed Thread