It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2007, 06:05 AM   #1
(female)

lara1979 HB User
Need to rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,
Just need to vent some frustration! so here it goes. Have had this lovely vestibular neuritis for 15 month, i must stress it started when i was eight weeks pregnant and i didnt realise i was unwell i thought i was dizzy cause i was pregnant, so i only became active 5 months ago and boy has it been hard. Been doing vrts for 3 months and have noticed improvements on the good days but the bad bits are almost as bad as square one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just had a massive decomp due to an infected wisdom tooth that now needs to come out. So frustrated that i have to struggle through most days! got myself really negative again convinced that this is it forever!!!!!!!!!! Also permenatly worry that maybe its migraine related and should try something for that aarrgggggggggggggghh. Im sure you guys know this feeling.
Sorry for the negative post.

Does anyone else out there feel like someone is washing up in their head then the next day spaced then the next day body rocking then 4 hours of normal then 4 days of really bad nausea and motion. Oh my god I hate it!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to High desert will reply, just been feeling rubbish and the computer makes me horrendous, while im on it and for about an hour after. Then other days fine on the comuter. im signing out cause im boring myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love to you all Lara

Old 07-30-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Re: Need to rant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Laura..

I am too in the middle of decomp... Convinced that it will be forever and that my life just sucks. I want this to be over... Its driving me to insanity.

My symptoms vary.. But usually the pattern is that I feel better in the evenings... by better I mean that I feel less worse than I did that morning. The symptoms vary from day to day. One day it could be severe and feeling like I am going to pass out.. Another day it could be just a dizzy feeling... and so on and so on..

Relax and let it calm down... I know its hard... We all do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

I am totally with you Lara and understand your frustration (although you have had it longer than me). I've only had mine since March and I am completely fed up with it (and yes, insane too).

Generally speaking, I usually have a couple of bad weeks, and then one good week. Then a couple of bad weeks, and then one good week, etc... It does seem to be getting better in the sense that I don't have to live on Ativan like I did in the beginning. I couldn't even stand up at first, back in March/May without taking Ativan (anti-dizzy med). Now I can struggle through the day without it (but sometimes I still need it). During a decomp/blip (or whatever the heck it is), computers make me totally nauseaous and I feel rocky for an hour afterwards too. And also being in a crowd or where there is a lot of movement makes me sway more. It's so so lame. The most comfortable place to be during a blip is in bed, in the dark and quiet. Althought, I know, I know, I should still be out there making my brain "re-learn" how to deal with movement and that is what I usually end of doing but it's miserable.

I haven't done any VRT's yet. I want to wait until after my consultation with one of the best neurotologists out there - Robert Baloh from UCLA. I have an appointment with him next Monday and I can't WAIT to hear what he has to say. Is this VN? MAV? Both? The mystery is killing me!!

Anyway, sorry to go off on my own little tangent. Hang in there - we all understand what you are going through. I have been to all sorts of docs - ENT, GP, ER, ALLERGIST, and had tons of blood work and a CT scan, ENG test, balance test - all of them come back normal (excluding the Allergy testing which revealed that I have allergies to dust and dog hair). I do think allergies play a part in all of this by the way. Have you been tested? I think the allergies aggrivate the already damaged vestibular area or something. Who knows! This thing is all I seem to think about!! I am constantly questioning and talking to myself about this illness. I'm going insane too!

Old 07-30-2007, 09:22 AM   #4
(female)

lara1979 HB User

Hey thanks for replies.
Missy let me know about your appointment. Good luck hopefully there will be some answers for you. Im exactly the same its so hard. xxxxxxx

Old 07-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Yep, lara...this sucks (but we have told each other this before). Don't judge recovery day to day...judge it month to month. It is slow, but honestly..it does get much better.

Closed Thread