It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
Question Apprehensive...

My husbands boss( a close family friend) want us to go with them in August with the kids to the local animal park. It is like a little outside zoo with deer, bear, birds etc...I want to be able to go but I am really worried. It is all oustide in the sun and walking for a mile or two pushing a stroller. Usually my main selling point when making plans is that i have a place to sit and not really move and close to home and this place is an hour away. What can I do to make sure I can do this? Or should I just back out?

Old 07-30-2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

comeandrelax HB User
Re: Apprehensive...

well just explain to them your current situation and play it by ear. thats the best way i think because then if you don't end up going then they atleast will understand why

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

D&S, I would try your hardest to go. The best thing is to get out. You might feel yuckie the next day, but it will pay off because you'll have fun. You will be distracted and that will help with your dizzies. You'll be okay. You can always chill under some shade. Live your life. If you could conquer this you can conquer the next obstacle.

Best of luck
Cathy

Old 07-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

I hate to say it, but jax is right....... I hate the idea of leaving my comfort zone.. But If you dont, you just build that fear even more....

Remember, every day is not the same!!! You may go out and feel miserable one day and that may stick in your mind "Remember how I felt that day" OMG what will i do!! We all know it well... Try your best.. At the very end of teh day you can atleast say that you did it... If not you might actually have fun.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

joy78 HB User

I'd tell them you will go but also explain your situation and say you may back out depending on how you feel that day. It's just like saying you will go somewhere and waking up with the flu and having to cancel. These things happen. It might be good for you to push yourself a little further. There must be places to sit in this park. Plus all the walking and exercise will be good for you. When I was hit with this for the second time about two years ago my boyfriend at the time, had his brother and father come out to visit. So i had to do all the tourist stuff feeling completley dizzy. it was good for me. As bad as I felt, i made myself go and act "normal", which I know in the end made me compensate faster. The more you stay home and don't do things the more depressed you will get and the slower you will get better. Plus who knows you may be having a good day that day and not have any problems! Try to go. See what happens.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

I think everyone gave you great advice. Your illness is VALID. Make them know you will try to keep the appointment, if you are well enough.

All the best.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

Well they wanted to go tomorrow which is certainly not enough notice but hubby needs to work on truck anyways. we may try to go by ourselves when it cools down some...thanks for all the advice though!

Old 08-05-2007, 02:16 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

I tried going to SeaWorld with this junk and unfortunately was miserable. I even took some Ativan to help with the dizzies, but with the crowds and heat and such, it was simply no fun. Plus I couldn't go on any of the rides for obvious reasons, or see any shows, so it really was a drag and not worth the money. Sorry to be such a downer. I'm not sure that it's always a good idea to push ourselves with this junk, especially if you don't have an official diagnosis. For example, if you have MAV, than forcing yourself into VRT's or busy activities may only aggrivate your situation. I think with the state you are in now, the zoo may be a bit much to conquer. Unfortunately, this junk doesn't do well with planning. It's on a day to day basis that I can plan my activities. If you feel up to it, then fine. But if you don't, I wouldn't push it.

Just my thoughts...been there, done that and it wasn't worth it.

Last edited by missy7777; 08-05-2007 at 02:17 PM.

Closed Thread