It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007, 08:08 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User
Subs?

Hi Subs,

I hope you are enjoying the summer. We surely can't complain about the weather that we have had.

I know this is brought up all the time with you, but was wondering towards the end with your vision problems what were you actually having problems with? I know you had your previous injury to deal with. Were your problems still bouncy vision? How did your eyes physically feel? I know it is probably hard to remember back that far, but if you do, I'd like to compair your symptoms.

I can't seem to shake my vision problems. My eyes seem heavy and tired (I did read this can be a symptoms of a brain injury) and it is hard to explain but in a way I have a sense of it being kind of darker around the edges or perhaps in my peripheral vision. The eyes feeling crossed that I use to experience has pretty much resolved, but still my vision is not right.

My eyes were checked so many times including a neuro opthamologist so nothing is physically wrong with my eyes so I know it is all central. I'm just wondering if permenant damage beyond compensation has resulted.

I know this sounds strange, but I believe my tinnitus goes hand and hand with the vision. When it is worse or I do something to perhaps aggrevate it (like putting my contacts in), the tinnitus spikes (sound and actually feeling the noise).

I'm trying to relax and take my neuro's advice about the 2 - 5 year recovery period, but am just tired of feeling like crap daily.

Take care,
Gloria

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Subs?

Hi Gloria

Yep ur right---had two major vision problems...

The pre-vestibular problems---was solved---first---they were basically double vision---ones.....

The vision problem that remained---were the kind ur describing---my vision was just "not right"---tired eyes, peripheral issues, etc.....

This one took the longest---it was unbelievable/unimaginable---the time/effort---it took to straighten these out....

Even today---if I do something---(I"ll say) different---I can get a strange feeling---lasts for less then a second---happens maybe once or twice per/yr---don't think it will ever go---completly...

Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User
Re: Subs?

Quote:
The vision problem that remained---were the kind ur describing---my vision was just "not right"---tired eyes, peripheral issues, etc.....
hmmm, interesting. I wonder if it is some of the same issues you were having. One optomitrist I saw said my symptoms sounded like the first stages of double vision. He said the eyes wanting to cross is what he thought was the beginning of double vision. Perhaps I just never got the actual double vision that you experienced.

Ok, you eased my mind some that for the most part, hopefully, it will go and hopefully within that 5 year time frame. I need to try and relax about it now.

By the way, what a nightmare it was getting new glasses over the past 2 months. I am finally wearing them, but it was a frustrating and a crazy experience.

Thanks for the information. Enjoy your day!

Gloria

Old 07-31-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
(female)

lara1979 HB User
Re: Subs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subs30 View Post
Hi Gloria

Yep ur right---had two major vision problems...

The pre-vestibular problems---was solved---first---they were basically double vision---ones.....

This one took the longest---it was unbelievable/unimaginable---the time/effort---it took to straighten these out....

Even today---if I do something---(I"ll say) different---I can get a strange feeling---lasts for less then a second---happens maybe once or twice per/yr---don't think it will ever go---completly...

Which exercies/ what helped rid you of the peripheral issues? Ta Lara xx

Old 07-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Subs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara1979 View Post
Which exercies/ what helped rid you of the peripheral issues? Ta Lara xx
Hi Ta Lara

Pretty much did the ones contained in:

..."Charlotte VRT's".....

Go here:

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=499927&page=6[/url]

But go through the entire thread---to get them all.....

Closed Thread