It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

scant5 HB User
Subs

Hi Subs:
Just dropping a line to see how you are doing? I'm sure wonderful. As you probably read in some of my posts I am doing quite well. Staying more active than ever and have miniscule issues with any balance issues.

all the best,

Kathy

Old 07-31-2007, 04:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scant5 View Post
Hi Subs:
Just dropping a line to see how you are doing? I'm sure wonderful. As you probably read in some of my posts I am doing quite well. Staying more active than ever and have miniscule issues with any balance issues.

all the best,

Kathy
Hi Kathy

Glad to hear that...may all ur issues be minuscule...

I'm doing fine----no vestibular problems---to date---be five years shortly---still do the MEP occasionally---walk about 3 mi per day etc....hopefully---this will not return...

Stay well!

Oh--and been riding---the motorcycle???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-31-2007, 06:40 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

scant5 HB User
Re: Subs

Yes, I have been riding. Not as much as I would like to but have been very busy. Hopefully do more in the fall. Great to hear you are doing well.

all the best,
Kathy

Old 08-02-2007, 04:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Kathy...

As a vn person for 12 months..it is great to hear you feeling so well!! I was wondering if you could recap your journey to wellness?
I know you had vn, and you felt better after about 3 years...

Can I ask what were your symptoms?
If you did vrt exercises?
How you got your diagnosis?
What you did to make yourself better?
If you have any problems now with your vn?

Thanks so much! That is absolutely wonderful!

Old 08-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

Yes, please Kathy! If I rememeber some of your other posts, there is also a migraine component in your history. I read back on some of your old posts from 2003 and you sounded just like me. I had a MEAN migraine last night that had me curled up into a fetal position crying. I am really starting to think my inner ear problems are MAV related after that. Today I of course am swaying and feeling miserable. All of this started in March and it doesn't seem to be improving much - maybe because I need to take some migraine meds. I sure wish there was a way around migraines without the meds. I know there are trigger avoidances which I will do, but if it is menstrual migraine, nothing to do much about that. What type of pain relievers do you use once the migraine hits?

Old 08-02-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

scant5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotte67 View Post
Kathy...

As a vn person for 12 months..it is great to hear you feeling so well!! I was wondering if you could recap your journey to wellness?
I know you had vn, and you felt better after about 3 years...

Can I ask what were your symptoms?
If you did vrt exercises?
How you got your diagnosis?
What you did to make yourself better?
If you have any problems now with your vn?

Thanks so much! That is absolutely wonderful!

Old 08-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

scant5 HB User

Hi Charlotte:
I don't post on here often anymore, but I do like to check in now and then to visit the old veterans. I don't really even know where to start anymore. What I do want to say as I have said many times before is do not look for someone to match your symptoms exactly....it won't happen. I know it would make you feel better to not think you are a freak of nature but no ones symptoms are the same. I was never diagnosed by a Dr. I had been to approximately 10 different practioners varying from a healing woman to Columbia Med in NYC. Nobody could tell me exactly what I had.

It took a very long time to start to see miniscule improvements. Miniscule improvements mean you are getting better. I always kept an attitude that I would get better. There was no way I wanted to put up with this stuff. I kept my self physically active. I created my own VRT which included as much turning that I could create. I walked, I hiked, I forced myself to do stuff that would make me uncomfortable until I realized I could tolerate more and more each time.

To this day, I still get little blips but I don't let them effect me anymore. I am able to do anything I choose to do.

Just for the record my symptoms were a feeling of off balance when i was moving. I felt nothing when I stood still or was sitting. I was perfectly able to drive. I never experienced full blown vertigo except when they put the water in my ears. After a few years my symptoms would change and I believe it was more visual. When i would scroll down the computer it would give me a little jolt. I had some rocking back and forth feeling.

I obviously believe it scares people to see how long it can take for recovery, but you do recover. Always believe in yourself. I had many days of crying, tons of anxiety. The anxiety I believe will always be in my system. I need very little to trigger that and I can awake with it. I think that may have been the worst part. Once I started to overcome my anxiety, the healing started to accelerate at a snails pace.

Any other questions feel free to ask,
All the best,
Kathy

Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

scant5 HB User

Hi,
What I take for my migraines are either Excedrin or if that doesn't touch it I use a prescription med that starts with an "I" and ends with an "x". I still get many migraines. I am hoping that as I approach menopause (ugggh) that they will lessen. You will have many bad days with good ones and many good days with a bad day thrown in. Keep the faith and you will get better.

Kathy

Closed Thread