It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
Question Opinions....?

Ok I called my doc the other day to ask a certain term for a blood pressure reflex I get sometimes (couldnt remember the term) and said I dont think I need appt but I still have Labs just so you can put it down in my record. Well they called back today and left a message. She said she wanted to set up an appt for my dizziness. Now I am under the impression this will be a total waste of time. I am not really driving and dont feel comfortable driving myself and my mom says she is not being dragged back into the whole dr thing all over again. She will watch the kids though but still I dont have a ride. I havent bothered to call back cause I think the appt is a waste of time what do you guys think???

Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Re: Opinions....?

Well.... It might be a waste of time... It might not be.. The only way you can know is by going and or talking to teh Doctor beforehand and finding out what they plan on doing.

Tell them you arent able to drive so it would help knowing what tests they plan on doing.

And why the hesitation from your mother? She does not want to get dragged back in to this??? Isnt this what family is for???? I would be mad if my mother said that to me... I have been dealing with this for 2 years and my mother always looks for treatments for me and goes out of her way to do things to help me out when I feel bad.

Anyway... Noone can tell the future, but maybe she could get you a prescription for vestibular therapy??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 01:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

well that is what we did last time i was there we set up an appt with a physical therapist and i went but my insurance only covers ione visit so that has been done

Old 08-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Could you not call the doctor back and explain you can't get there, but can the problem be discussed over the phone?? It may be the Doc has some new info we don't know about or some new tests they would like to run, surely the phone call wouldn't hurt. . . who knows your doc may know the miracle cure!!!!
Jayne

Old 08-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

I would ask what sheriff said. It never hurts, or talk with her nurse. Remember, we still have a support group in Portland if ever you need us.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

yeah i called and left a message said i couldnt get there right now and not sure when i can but what was it about and what would they be doing. I have a feeling it is just a follow up. i dont want any new meds been doing fine meds free so far so...
Plus when I was seeing her before she didnt seem to think it was a big deal and wasnt very concerned...

Old 08-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

d&s..are you still doing vrts? also, what symptoms are you still feeling?

Old 08-02-2007, 06:55 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

yes doing vrts upped my balance ones to eyes closed. Most days I am not too bad have slight offbalnce and visuals but not too bad. Having a string of bad days have a rare dizzy moments off balance and tired.

Closed Thread