It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 05:08 PM   #1
(female)

lulu77 HB User
Sleeping problems - do others have this?

Hi

I have been doing pretty well lately, still a off balance when I'm at work probably because of the computer. This last week I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping. Last night was the worst, just when I would be dropping off to sleep I would jolt awake suddenly and my whole body would be shaking. For a minute or two it also felt like I couldn't breathe.

I know a lot of people will say anxiety but I just can't see why this happens when I'm completely relaxed in bed. I can mostly handle the balance stuff but this is really starting to get to me

Lou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 05:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Re: Sleeping problems - do others have this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu77 View Post
Hi

I have been doing pretty well lately, still a off balance when I'm at work probably because of the computer. This last week I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping. Last night was the worst, just when I would be dropping off to sleep I would jolt awake suddenly and my whole body would be shaking. For a minute or two it also felt like I couldn't breathe.

I know a lot of people will say anxiety but I just can't see why this happens when I'm completely relaxed in bed. I can mostly handle the balance stuff but this is really starting to get to me

Lou
Hi Lulu

Yep par for the course---had that---(lot do)could not sleep or would get to sleep--and be jolted awake....

This inner ear(vestibular injury) affects a number of the brain's functions---the one that controls anxiety is one, memory another, etc.....

For me it passed then would come back---toward the end of the compensation period....it went....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #3
(female)

lulu77 HB User

I thought as much, it's just good to hear someone else say it :-) I guess I think I'm not really anxious about anything at the moment but I am 7 weeks away from my wedding, studying at uni and working. Not much to deal with hey! :-)

Old 08-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User

Hi Lulu,

I get the jolt thing a lot too - but only when I've had a particularly dizzy day. I'll lie down and just as I fade into slumber this huge jolt will suddenly wake me up. They eventually quiet down.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Sleeping problems - do others have this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu77 View Post
I thought as much, it's just good to hear someone else say it :-) I guess I think I'm not really anxious about anything at the moment but I am 7 weeks away from my wedding, studying at uni and working. Not much to deal with hey! :-)
Hi Lulu

..."Not much to deal with hey! :-)"...

Piece of cake!!---LoL

See another AU(Scott)---same jolting prob...

It will get better....

Old 08-01-2007, 09:09 PM   #6
(female)

lulu77 HB User

Thanks. I'm confident it will get better. When I think about how I felt this time last year then I know that I am definitely improving. I think it just comes as a shock when the really bad stuff appears out of the blue again. Then you think about it and realise how much you've been doing lately. Just a little reminder to take it easy and get plenty of rest I think

Old 08-02-2007, 06:59 AM   #7
(female)

lizzy33 HB User
Wink Re: Sleeping problems - do others have this?

Hello,

I havent been on here for a while, hi to everyone that remembers me.

Just wanted to say, yes I got this a lot - drove me crazy and really disturbed my sleep resulting in a rubbish day the following day because I was so tired. So I would say, yes its normal and it does go away eventually - as do most of the crazy symptoms.

I noticed some posts about eye floaters too, I too had these, never had them before and dont have them now I am well.

Take Care all,

Lizzy xx

Old 08-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

I would get this in the mornings.... I would suddenly be woken up by my head shaking... It is terrible

Old 08-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

Yep - me too. I get the ol' "jolt" every night actually, right when I doze off to sleep. I've learned to just roll over and try to ignore it. It happens more to me when I am on my back. If I roll over to my side it gets better.

Closed Thread