It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User
Extremely Exhausted!!

hey everyone...hope your weekends are treating you well and dizzy free. i have a question. i've read where a lot of people are tired from this. i feel like i am EXHAUSTED every day. even after getting plenty of sleep, i wake up and have no energy whatsoever. today is really bad, i don't know why. i slept at least 8 hours and have only been up for about 5-6 hours now but feel like i have been up for days straight! anyone else have this type of extreme exhaustion???? if so, does it go away? i was wondering if my brain is trying so hard to compensate, that maybe that is the cause??? the headaches wiping me out too?? i think a lot may have to do with my 1/2 a xanax at night. but i wouldn't think it would be this bad. it's half of a .25mg, and it's different tiredness every day.

anyone else???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #2
(female)

highdesert71 HB User
Re: Extremely Exhausted!!

Hi Alex,
Oh my gosh, yes!! I am always, always exhausted from this, every day, no matter what... I can get to bed early, and sleep a good 8 or 9 hours, and wake up feeling totally and completely exahausted, the moment I get out of bed. I get very easily fatigued from all the effort it takes just to wade through my day with my head full of dizziness, "swimming" feeling (in my head), extreme headaches every day, almost all day, heavy head (like there are magnets weighing it down... and also like it is stuffed with cotton.... and like I am drugged... heavy eyes that have all sorts of weird visual things going on.... combine all of that together (not to mention the ringing in the ears), and I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW that this is why I am always exhausted. Like you, my exhaustion is just that.... it is not the typical tiredness after a long day out, or a long day at work or something of that nature... it is fatigue that is down to the bones. I never had this kind of fatigue until all the vestibular junk happened. So I know exactly what you are talking about and experiencing, and it sucks so much!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesert71 View Post
Hi Alex,
Oh my gosh, yes!! I am always, always exhausted from this, every day, no matter what... I can get to bed early, and sleep a good 8 or 9 hours, and wake up feeling totally and completely exahausted, the moment I get out of bed. I get very easily fatigued from all the effort it takes just to wade through my day with my head full of dizziness, "swimming" feeling (in my head), extreme headaches every day, almost all day, heavy head (like there are magnets weighing it down... and also like it is stuffed with cotton.... and like I am drugged... heavy eyes that have all sorts of weird visual things going on.... combine all of that together (not to mention the ringing in the ears), and I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW that this is why I am always exhausted. Like you, my exhaustion is just that.... it is not the typical tiredness after a long day out, or a long day at work or something of that nature... it is fatigue that is down to the bones. I never had this kind of fatigue until all the vestibular junk happened. So I know exactly what you are talking about and experiencing, and it sucks so much!!!!
thanks for the reply! sounds exactly like me. i just woke up from a 3 HOUR nap....that is crazy! i've never been like this either and i feel like i can't get enough sleep at this point. my eyes feel so heavy too and they feel puffy. my right eye last night was definitely puffier than the left too! grrr...this is not fun! hope it gets better soon for us!

Old 08-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

I have extreme exhaustion as well... I have always wondered wether or not it is actual fatigue or just the way the dizziness makes me feel. I mean, I dont know if I am necessarily tired in the physical sense.... Maybe mentally yes...

Who knows,,, This junk definately sucks you dry of energy, but the fatigue is overwhelming at times.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #5
(male)

zakk80 HB User

I caught some mystery virus 4 months ago now. I feel slightly unwell for a week and then bang. I woke up one day and was as dizzy as hell and extremely fatigue, could barely move.

After 4 months the dizziness has been slowly going away and so has the fatigue a little.

However I still get extremely fatigued. I can wake up in the morning and be laying in bed and just feel totally weak in the muscles in my arms and legs.

Has anyone had this level of fatigue how can reassure me that it eventually goes away? Or is there something more serious at work here?

Old 08-05-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakk80 View Post
I caught some mystery virus 4 months ago now. I feel slightly unwell for a week and then bang. I woke up one day and was as dizzy as hell and extremely fatigue, could barely move.

After 4 months the dizziness has been slowly going away and so has the fatigue a little.

However I still get extremely fatigued. I can wake up in the morning and be laying in bed and just feel totally weak in the muscles in my arms and legs.

Has anyone had this level of fatigue how can reassure me that it eventually goes away? Or is there something more serious at work here?
well, i haven't been at it as long as you--i'm going on 2 months tomorrow. my exhaustion seems to not be so much as physical pain, but just feel tired in my mind and body--but not really muscle fatigue. i've had days where it does feel like my muscles hurt, but i think because i was in bed too long and not getting enough exercise with all this junk going on. as far as it going away, that's a good question....anyone?

Old 08-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

I don't have an answer for you, but just wanted to say that I too have extreme exhaustion with PLENTY of sleep. I wake up after 8-10 hours of sleep and feel like I could lay in bed all day. Right now I feel horrid - yesterday I felt half way decent and was able to go to the beach and then out to dinner afterwards. Maybe I overdid it. Today I feel cruddy, tired, dizzy, and it seems to be getting worse as the day progresses. And yes, exhausted totally - dragging, feeling very heavy, etc. I have had this since March but like Lauren (I think her name is), I sort of felt something else creeping up slowly for about a year (slight dizziness at times, tiredness, etc.).

Old 08-06-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User

At the beginning of all this I had extreme fatigue. To the point that if I did too much the day before I literally couldn't get out of bed the next day. My arms and legs were so heavy I couldn't move them. This got better and better and then went away altogether over the first month or so.

since then I get tired easily, more that my eyes and head are tired from overworking through everything I do.

What has made a huge difference is working out every morning. I have energy throughout the day despite how my dizzies are. I do it no matter how I feel. I just do it anyway.

Joni

Old 08-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #9
(female)

mbaxter333 HB User

Oh my gosh. Can it be real that someone else is as tired as me??? It happened about 4-5 weeks ago. Not to mention I have had a "swimmers" ear problem that is now almost resolved. But, just tired, tired, tired. Went to Dr. yesterday and go some anti-sleep meds, I think called Provigil, makes me feel like I really am doped up and drugged. Not taking it today. Had bloodwork to test for thyroid problem today since that can be tied to the tiredness.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:16 PM   #10
(female)

Laura973 HB User

yes i've been exhausted in my mind and my muscles and well, pretty much everywhere the majority of the time. Walking helps and for a while so did 'Greens'. I don't usually take my greens anymore, but should since i'm all exhausted again.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 PM   #11
(female)

susanb52 HB User

It's Because Our Brains Have To Spend So Much Energy Figuring Out Where We Are In Space, Its Not Automatic Anymore.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #12
(female)

aahinbda HB User

When this first happened I was totally exhausted, frighteningly so. As time has passed it has gotten slightly better but I still feel far more tired than I should be given the amount of activity I do. It's utterly frustrating.

Closed Thread