It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 02:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User
On Another Positive Note

I met a lady by chance today. As I was talking to her, I pardoned myself to clean a spot off my glasses, appologizing as the spot was aggrevating my vision symptoms. One thing lead to the next and bam, I found out she had an injury to her head. She suffered a lot of symptoms we do like auditory symptoms, head pressure, headaches, vision problems, dizziness, etc. She is living a pretty normal life now a days.

She went through a lot of therapy and stressed to me how important therapy and staying active is for your brain to compensate.

One thing that just made my day is she had very bad tinnitus that I am very happy to say she does not have any of it at all now. She said it took well over 3 years to get rid of it, but IT DID GO.

She still has some milder vision problems, but nothing like she had and no double vision any more either.

She did say she did not feel well or felt pretty much normal until her 5 year mark.

I just thought I'd share this with all of you. I always search for that little bit of positive information.

Take care,
Gloria

Old 08-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Re: On Another Positive Note

That is a great story, and I am glad the woman is feeling better. Really makes me think how far we have come...and how far we will go.

Thanks so much for sharing that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

joy78 HB User
Re: On Another Positive Note

Hi Gloria,
it's nice to hear from you! I'm so glad you found someone else to share stories with. That's great that she had tinnitus that went away after 3 years of having it. That is a great thing to hear! How are you feeling? Are things still slowly getting better? I really hope so.

I'm doing well. About to start my last year of PT school in September. Time has gone by so quickly. I'm still doing well (knock on wood) in terms of my ears. The tinnitus is still around but I hardly notice it anymore. Thanks for all your words of support, it really helped me through it. I think about you often and hope that things are getting better for you.
Take care!
Joy

Closed Thread