It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 08:53 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Ridiculous immunity

Hey Everyone,

I still wasnt over my last blip and now I have another cold.... I totally lost it yesterday.... I fell apart... I dont know why I cannot remain healthy... My Daughter had a cold this past weekend and I disinfected everythign, washed my hands thouroughly everytime and slept on the couch... I even went so far as to wear a mask, but still I come down with a miserable cold.. I am taking vitamins everyday and 1000mg of vitamin c as well and still to no avail... Does this thing severly compromise your immune system... I am afraid of going back in the dizzies.... I dont know how much more I can take... help

Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User
Re: Ridiculous immunity

Sorry Tummy that you have another cold. I sympathize for you deeply. I would include 2000mgs more of your vitamin C, add vitamin A and E in to it. And I would either eat gloves of raw garlic or take couple thousands of mgs of Garlic. Also Grape seed is a stronger antioxidant then Vitamin C...during the flu season I would take all of this....everyone at work was sick accept for me....Also the stress that we are all under with this illness destroys our immune system. Exercise helps alot with building a strong immunity and reducing stress...even getting out for a walk is good, or a short ride on the bike.

Hope this helps!
Cathy

Last edited by Jaxzilla; 08-07-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gloria2936 HB User

Hi Tummy,

It is horrible everything you catch when having a kid. My panic mode starts to set in about now as my son is preparing to go back to school the end of the month. I hate to say it but it gets worse when they hit that 2 to 5 year age.

My only suggestion is to perhaps limit places and amount of other kids your daughter is exposed to so that she doesn't bring home more viruses to you. Be careful over disinfecting too as it only kills the good bacteria too that is vital for a healty immune system.

My immunity the first two years was horrible. My husband thinks I'm nuts as I walk around with sore throats all the time. My son caught strep throat in kindergarten twice in a 6 week period and as you know from my posts, I freak at even the remote thought of ever having to take another antibiotic. I think I would rather die than go through this crap all over again.

I go to a holistic medical doctor and studied natural methods of boosting your immune system. When my system was originally torn apart in the beginning of this - virus-infection-antibiotic-allergic reaction-steriods-ear infection-another virus-bam this head monster-then a very bad case of the flu........I took probiotics which is comprised of the good bacteria in your digestive track. Your digestive track makes up like 70% of your immune system. I would recommend probiotic made by Douglas Laboratories or something compairable. Take 3 a day for about 4 weeks then one daily. They are not herbs nor are they meds. They are as safe as can be. They have really helped my immunity and the amount of viruses I am catching is has drastically reduced with time. Taking antibiotics kills good bacteria in your system along with the bad so it is good to take extra probiotics when on an antibiotic.

Stay hydrated at all times to flush your system out. Dark berries contain high amounts of antioxidents; make a daily routine of including a serving in your diet to protect yourself from viruses.

Be careful with chicken noodle soup too as it contains a lot of MSG which can easily aggrevate your head symptoms. Look for soups without MSG or make your own broth.

Feel better,
Gloria

Old 08-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

Definately give the probiotics a go, everyone around me has had summer colds for the last 5 weeks I have fought them all off. . . .touch wood, just a bit of a sniffle this week, but nothing like what everyone else has had. Drink plenty of water to wash the toxins out as well.
I don't know if you can get them there but try and get some Goji berries, infuse them in boiled water allow to cool and drink the water then eat the berries.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

You might want to try a sinus rinser thingy (I think they are called nettie pots?). I have been using this for the past several months and have not had my usual summer colds. Basically, colds can cause yucky stuff to get trapped in your sinus and cause infection, sore throat, etc. If you rinse that "stuff" out of there (2 or 3 times a day), it doesn't have a chance to stick around too long.

You can pick them up at your local grocery store or drug store. You can get the pot, plus the little packs of sinus solution which is usually a sodium mixture.

I saw on TV the other day that Vitamin C does nothing for colds. However, the most important factor in not catching colds is HANDWASHING. I keep antibacterial handwashing stuff all over the house and I have also learned to basically never touch my nose. Most colds start from entering the nose via your own hands.

Old 08-07-2007, 02:00 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

Missy thats great to know that vitamin C does nothing for colds!!! One less thing I need to OD on! Although raw Garlic is great for colds and immunity.
I do agree on seeing a naturopathic doctor, I've heard wonders about them. They are great for relieving allergies as well. They are a bit pricey, but again worth every penny as ive been told. Health first!!!

Cathy

Old 08-07-2007, 02:23 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

That's what I thought, too, Cathy! One less "pill" to worry about administering. Ha ha ha!

I still continue to take the C though - just in case. It couldn't hurt. And another thing I read lately, is that Vitamin C can help iron absorption. I think us women (premenopausal) have too little iron in our bods because of our monthly cycles and that can add to our "yucks". So I take an iron supplement followed by a chewable Vitamin C.

Sorry to get off the subject of your cold, Tummy! Get better soon!

Old 08-07-2007, 04:27 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Thanks everyone...

Right now I am taking Echinacea, Vit C, Multi Vitamin, Cold Eze (Zinc), Lotsa water/fluids, Cranberries hhaha I like them.....

I am going to try the Garlic now.... I have the sinus rinse thing that was mentioned... Only problem is you have to boil the water then let it cool... Its a little bit of a pain, But I am going to use it now to clear out this crap.

Thanks everyone, I am dying here...

Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

hope you get to feeling well very soon! all those tips sound very good, i'm going to try to load up on some so i can avoid catching cold if i can.
well wishes

Closed Thread