It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
(female)

tbissell HB User
is this what your dizziness is like

a very "rough" example of what I mean is here:
[url]http://www.volny.cz/ali.mail/ok_oscillopsia_mini.gif[/url]
(813 kB, it may take some time to ******** the animation, I hope the animation works )

i found this, this is exactly what my vision looks like 24/7 constantly for the past 2 and a half years do any of you guys suffer with the same kind of dizzies

also i wanted to know do you have memory problems since you have had this condition. i do yesturday i paid for my gas and forgot to pump also i forget little things throughout the day and i am only 20

Old 08-07-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User
Re: is this what your dizziness is like

my vision is like that sometimes, mostly when i look at objects far away or out of the corner of my eye. in my case, mine moves a lot faster if i am looking at one object, like a book. i've noticed it's really bad if i am sitting and look up with just my eyes. it will move very quickly from side to side. the wavy vision is there too though.

my memory is horrible right now, this is going on my 2nd month of this. i'm saying stupid stuff, doing stupid stuff or forgetting what i'm doing alot-don't feel so bad, i'm 26. this sucks, i know. have you been to any ENT, neurologists or neurotologists about your condition?

Last edited by alexiwildchild; 08-07-2007 at 04:12 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

You're not alone in your memory problems. I am completely out of it sometimes. I recently lost my car keys and they are the expensive alarm type that can cost $400 to replace. Arggggg!! Plus, everyday I forget stuff. Drives me crazy.

Old 08-07-2007, 06:24 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User

Wow- I've never seen a picture like that- that is EXACTLY how I see the world, but somewhat more subtle.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:14 AM   #5
(female)

tbissell HB User
Unhappy Re: is this what your dizziness is like

yes i have been to many doctors a neorologist including to mris echo various blood work all negative. went to the doc yesturday about some results of blood work for lupus or something eveything came back negative. he thinks it is pschological or something i have had this for 2 years and and 4 months constant 24/7 hit me instantly since then my life has never been the same about my first post that is exactly what my vsion does 24/7 just probably a not as severe though every thing bounces and wiggles and breaths i dont know what it is been to 7 doctors they dont know what it is went to a quack of an ent who looked in my ears and told me i didnt have any ear problem if i did it would only last at the most 7 weeks i have given up. the strange thing is that when i am moving like in the car i really dont notice it as much any one else have these symptoms

Old 08-09-2007, 05:50 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: is this what your dizziness is like

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbissell View Post
yes i have been to many doctors a neorologist including to mris echo various blood work all negative. went to the doc yesturday about some results of blood work for lupus or something eveything came back negative. he thinks it is pschological or something i have had this for 2 years and and 4 months constant 24/7 hit me instantly since then my life has never been the same about my first post that is exactly what my vsion does 24/7 just probably a not as severe though every thing bounces and wiggles and breaths i dont know what it is been to 7 doctors they dont know what it is went to a quack of an ent who looked in my ears and told me i didnt have any ear problem if i did it would only last at the most 7 weeks i have given up. the strange thing is that when i am moving like in the car i really dont notice it as much any one else have these symptoms
Hi Tbissell

...."any one else have these symptoms"...

Had them---occasionally---the "Oscillopsia" comes back---for about 1 hour---about 3 times per/yr...but for the most part(if not all)---its all cleared up---now....

Northwestern Univ---Doc Hain's web site(in "Sticky" first post on board) has an excellent up-to-date(July 1, 2007) write up on these problems(complete with a "Oscillopsia" picture....on the memory part it says:

..."Problems with thinking:
Many people..........complain of a mild confusion or "brain fog", which is attributed to the increased attention needed to maintain balance and good vision, due to loss of vestibular input. Others call it "inability to multi-task". It is thought that in persons...........the ongoing extra effort needed to keep ones balance reduces the amount of attention that is available for other thinking tasks. Considerable evidence for this can be found in the recent literature (Andersson et al, 2003; Pellecchia, 2003; Redfern et al, 2003). Persons with other vestibular disorders often complain of difficulty concentrating and mental fatigue (Yardley et al. 1998).".....

[url]http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/bilat/bilat.html[/url]

Closed Thread