It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Holy Neck Stiffness Batman

Well, if you didnt get it from the title... I am experiencign this strange tightness in my neck and head.. Its really strange.. sorta like the pressure that is normally in my left temple area has set up camp in my neck as well.. Its sorta dificult to turn my head.. just doesnt feel right you know...

I know we all attribute this to maybe tension or what not.. Not sure.. But its all part of this illness I think..... stree or not, it never felt like this and I have been through stress in my life.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User
Re: Holy Neck Stiffness Batman

Neck issues and head pressure go together, I find acupuncture helps.
Jayne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Subs30 HB UserSubs30 HB User
Talking Re: Holy Neck Stiffness Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummy2 View Post
Well, if you didnt get it from the title... I am experiencign this strange tightness in my neck and head.. Its really strange.. sorta like the pressure that is normally in my left temple area has set up camp in my neck as well.. Its sorta dificult to turn my head.. just doesnt feel right you know...

I know we all attribute this to maybe tension or what not.. Not sure.. But its all part of this illness I think..... stree or not, it never felt like this and I have been through stress in my life.
Hi Tummy

Plagued Scott throughout this junk---he did a lot of different techniques---not sure what worked the best....ur right---it comes from trying to balance ur head---with a screwed up---balance system.....think Scott might have the answer.....

Old 08-09-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

It may also be migraine related. Symptoms that may linger even after a migraine has gone away include:
  • Feeling mentally dull, like your thinking is not clear or sharp
  • Increased need for sleep
  • Neck pain

Old 08-15-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
(female)

susanb52 HB User

the same nerves send impulses- so I find that even tho most of m symtoms are manageable- the first thing that happens when driving for instance is that my neck locks up- trying to minimize movement and input for the eyes and vestibular system to deal with..... check out Scott McCredie's new book- "Balance: In search of the lost sense "- he describes why the astronauts had no trouble when they were in tiny spaces and couldn't look around- then had major issues when the space capsules got bigger----- and lots of other excellent info on balance/ inner ear disorders, too. Excellent resource for those of us looking to understand ourselves. Just published in June 07 here in the US.

Closed Thread