It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 07:06 PM   #1
(male)

jemmiez HB User
Does anyone have this symptom??

one of my most bothersome problems since all of this started is when I am laying down trying to go to sleep. When I lay on my side and close my eyes I have the sensation of movement , it happens while laying on both sides, but worse on the left while not so bad when i lay on my back...almost like a bouncing feeling but never spinning... this really makes it hard for me to relax and drift off to sleep as you might imagine... It only seems apparent when my eyes are closed..

Is anyone experiencing symptoms like this?

can anyone suggest a specific VRT exercises for this , for example should I lay in the position and do some gaze exercises?? or should I try doing some exercises that involve my eyes being closed??

Matt

Old 08-10-2007, 08:00 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User
Re: Does anyone have this symptom??

hey! i know when i close my eyes i have the weird "shaky" vision even then, but not really too much of a sense of motion, but i also don't have a diagnosis of what's wrong with me yet. i do sometimes when laying down feel a little strange, but not often....guess mine is more of a visual problem that leads to the sensation of objects moving. i do feel sometimes like gravity is pulling hard on my head???

hope ya get feeling better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #3
(female)

amlp HB User

Hi Matt

yes this often happens to me, so i normally have to sleep on my back. I also get really strange 'fluttering/buzzing' noises in my ear/head when i lay on my sides. I can't help with the VRT's but should imagine that all of them will help ultimately. wishing you and all of us well.

Ashley

Old 08-11-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
(male)

jemmiez HB User

Thank you for the responses... Glad im not the only one with this symptom. I wish you both the best of luck and a speedy recovery

Last edited by jemmiez; 08-11-2007 at 12:19 AM.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #5
(female)

5han HB User

I remember having this feeling when I go to sleep ever since I was like 5... I don't know what it could be. I've always had ear infections and swimmers ear and all kinds of sinus issues. I'm 20 years old and I already think I have tinnitus or something because my ears muffle and ring a lot and I also feel/hear fluttering and I hear my "heartbeat" sometimes. Ugh. Hope I don't go deaf by the time I'm 50 or something.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:53 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User

Have you tried propping yourself up on pillows and sleeping like that on your back so that your head is raised?

Old 08-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

joy78 HB User

I have the same problem of feeling like I'm moving when my eyes are closed, even though I feel fine during the day now (knock on wood..). it's gotten better, but it's still there. Now it's mild movement so I can handle it, but I started falling asleep by watching tv. For me it works, because I'm watching something and then will just fall asleep instead of having to lay in a dark room.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Jaxzilla HB User

I also had that symptom. It lasted about 8 months. I'll get it once in awhile if im going through a blip. It used to be so bad that I couldnt fall asleep at night. Its apart of compensating.

Cathy

Old 08-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #9
(female)

Rosie the 3rd HB User

Yes, I also experience this sensation. I have recently begun to suffer from Tinnitus and had an appt with an ENT consultant and I actually mentioned this sensation of a sudden falling movement when I lay my head down. he didn't comment but I guess it is all part of the problems with the tinnitus. It doesn't bother me as much as the noise but I do always wait for it to happen!!

Old 08-23-2007, 07:29 PM   #10
(female)

curiouscat02 HB User

Sometimes when I lay down, I get that sensation too...of being like suspended in space. A motion feeling. I kind of enjoy it. Like a buzz from too much vino. It goes away shortly. It is kind of spooky, though. Also occasionally get the feeling watching the computer screen. The next time it happens, I am going to notice if my tinnitus is worse too.

C.Cat

Last edited by curiouscat02; 08-23-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 AM   #11
(male)

jemmiez HB User

wow I didn't realize all of you responded to this thread..glad to know I am not alone

Closed Thread