It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User
Exclamation WHat the HELL is Going on??? Please Help!

Ok so last night I was dizzy again for the first time in a few weeks. My allergies have been nasty so I figure that might be it. Well I fall asleep and wake up at 2 a.m. to a PANICK ATTACK. What the hell? Havent had one of those in at least a month or two. So i had to go all the way out to the car and get my purse to take a valium. It took me another hour to calm down enough to fall asleep. WHat is going on with me???!!!! I really need opinions I am freaking out here. Things havent been this bad in a loooong time!!! Its been 5 months since I entered dizzy hell! someone help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 07:13 AM   #2
(female)

Floridagirl77 HB User
Re: WHat the HELL is Going on??? Please Help!

D&S,

I am so sorry you had such a terrible night! Many of us have been there too, you are not alone! Please know that you will be OK. That was just a bad day and night, you will have good ones again! Hang in there through the bad days and know that good ones are coming again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2007, 07:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

Why would I get the initial symptoms 5 months into it especially since it has been almost 3 -4 weeks without them? Man any chance it will be gone by tomorrow??

Old 08-13-2007, 07:49 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User

Honestly, sometimes when you feel better the anxiety kicks up. That is what is sounds like. That alone could ramp up your dizzys

Old 08-13-2007, 07:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

really charlotte? have you had that happen this far along? Just out of the blue your anxiety attacks? CAuse even this morning my anxiety is very high and it hasnt bothered me in quite a while...

Old 08-13-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
(female)

Floridagirl77 HB User

D&S,

It's possible you are going through a period of decompensation due to your body having to deal with your bad allergies at the moment. It could last a day or several, BUT you will compensate again and get back to how you were before. It's not uncommon for your body to decompensate in times of sickness or stress. I just know this is temporary for you and you will be ok again, maybe even better! Hang in there!

Old 08-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #7
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Well dizzy.. Subconciously you may be very anxious over this coming back.. and when you have good days the bad days get even harder to handle sometimes.... But your anxious, we all see that.. and your body knows it more.....

again, Relax and calm down..... Take the positive and give it a few more days.... Sometimes symptoms change during the course.. Think of it as your body is trying to correct the problem, and in its process may adjust a little too much in one direction.... This may cause another symptom to manifest.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:22 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

alexiwildchild HB User

sorry you had such a bad time with that! dont feel alone though. i'm only 2 months of dizzy hell and i thought my panic attacks were under control with the xanax. i had a panic attack early sunday morning at aobu 6 a.m. and it was terrifying. the whole day saturday i was alone and this junk and wondering what was wrong with me and blah blah blah made my anxiety sky high. i bet you were just worked up and anxious about starting to have some dizziness again. hang in there! a door will open!!!!! just want you to know that you are not alone with the anxiety and panic attacks!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:42 PM   #9
(female)

amlp HB User

HI D&S sorry to hear about your panick attack.

just a question, are you perhaps not starting your period. I find that as soon as my cycle starts my symptoms flare up again.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:03 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzyandsad HB User

nope not for a few weeks...

Old 08-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

sheriff56 HB User

D & S it all goes hand in hand and I know just how you feel, I'm the same at the moment, but I do know it will pass and the near normal moments will return. Take time out for yourself even if it's just a walk round the block, it does help to stay calm.
Hope you feel better soon.
Jayne

Old 08-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User

Yep - I find that my symptoms flare up around "that time", but ALSO during ovulation which also has the hormones whacked out. So D&S, sounds like you are right on with the ovulation, increased/decreased estrogen/testost and that may be causing you grief. I know it does me. Which doesn't leave a whole heck of alot of good days each month, does it!

Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #13
(female)

Laura973 HB User

I've been going through the same thing. For a few weeks I wasn't doing that bad. The popping and pressure in the ear was still there, but the anxiety and wooziness was mostly gone. I was even able to go on a long drive. But I was on a strong anti-inflammatory which was helping alot. But I was on it for too long and ended up making me sicker than I already was. Now i'm feeling woozy and anxious again. Not as bad as before, but it's still stressing me out. I'm going to try a mild or natural anti-inflammatory next time. Maybe that could help you as well.

Closed Thread