It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 AM   #1
(female)

mkmjohn1 HB User
Expecting?

Well, i'm in month 14 with the whole inner ear business and just found out that I am expecting. I'm really excited, but nervous about my symptoms. I know several of you have expressed the desire to have more children but have been worried about the same thing. Well, so far I am about 7 1/2 weeks and the dizzies haven't seemed to be affected more than normal. I'm trying to get my rest and not stress out to much. I'll post every now and then to let you know how it is going and hope that your ear issues wont stop you from enjoying the best things in life.

Old 08-20-2007, 02:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

charlotte67 HB User
Re: Expecting?

Yippy!!! I had this early on when I gave birth...and honestly, it did not make it much worse. Loss of sleep made things worse..but that is about it. We are really thinking about having another, and I don't plan on letting this crap get in the way of that. Get your rest.

What symptoms do you still deal with at month 14? Also, what is your official diagnosis?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
(female)

aahinbda HB User

Congratulations!! I have an 8 week old daughter and during my pregnancy I felt pretty good. During the third trimester I did feel dizzier than in the first two but it wasn't unbearable. I think I'm feeling yucky as of late due to lack of sleep and stress from being a first time mom. I hope all goes well for you!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:23 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Joni9921 HB UserJoni9921 HB User

My homeopath recommended getting pregnant to get rid of my dizziness- hope you feel only better and better!

Old 08-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

Joni,

maybe your homeopath said that because he knew when you have a kid, its like 10000000x the VRT

Old 08-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
(female)

mkmjohn1 HB User

Thanks for all the support. Charlotte - In regards to your question about symptoms in month 14. I still feel dizzy at some point every day, but I do have some normal moments. Some days are worse than others. My dizzy sensation is mostly a rocking, watery feeling. The feeling is worse when I am still or have just been in the car. I feel worse when I'm tired or hungry (great - isn't that what pregnancy is all about? ) My improvements have been very slow, but I continue to try and keep up an active lifestyle. I no longer get woozy in stores and a lot of the confusion feeling is gone. Reading seems to be more tolerable than it used to be. The dizziness drives me insane sometimes, but my balance seems to be fine. I can even ride a bike! My official diagnoses was Vestibular Neuronitis and hypoactive labryinth due to my first delivery. Now that my recent ENG showed improvement, the docs can't figure out why I still have the dizzies - 2 docs have said that I fit into and "unexplained" category. Well I don't really buy that - I just keep hoping for more improvement and who knows, maybe this next pregnancy will get me back to 100%. By the way - the VRTs are a little more difficult when you're feeling nauseous. Marcy

Closed Thread