It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
(female)

lulu77 HB User
Heart issues

This probably sounds siilly but I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt at any stage that they may have heart problems. When I initially presented to emergency I had a chest x-ray which was normal as well as an ECG which was ok as well. About 6 months later my heart rate went through the roof, I think because of medication I was on, and the diagnosis from a 24 hour holter monitor was tachychardia.

My Dr has said not much I can do about it but I can't stop thinking that there is something wrong. Also lately I have been having bursts of shortness of breath, kind of like asthma symptoms.

I guess my question is is racing heart, shortness of breath etc part and parcel of vestibular issues or should I be looking into this further?

thanks
Lou

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 09:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

joy78 HB User
Re: Heart issues

Well, if the holter monitor showed sinus tachycardia (that means a normal rhythm with a heart rate of 100 or greater) then it could be because of the anxiety from your inner ear problems. Shortness of breath can also be due to anxiety (panic attacks). I know that I went through a period of time in graduate school when I was really really stressed out and out of the blue my heart starting racing all the time. I had a holter monitor test as well and my doctor told me that my heart rhythm was normal. My heart rate wasn't as fast as yours but for me it was fast, in the 90's. So I realized it was stress. After I figured that out, it eventually went away. It's a possibility this is stress or anxiety. If you are still worried about it ask your doctor if there is any other test they can do. Have you had a treadmill stress test?

if this is stress, you need to find a way to control the stress or anxiety. Inner ear problems are scary. and it can lead to anxiety. Definatley keep talking to your doctor and see if they can help you sort this out.
Good luck
JOy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #3
(male)

zakk80 HB User
Re: Heart issues

I've had similar issues as well. Before I woke up one day with this dizziness I was doing quite a bit of running and fitness, so I knew my resting heart rate quite well.

At one stage my heart was pounding away for 3 weeks at about 10-15 bpm faster than normal even when I was laying down. Another couple of times I would get short of breath walking only 100m. I still have no idea why but after 5 months it seems to have returned to normal. I just keep getting the 'virus' story from doctors.

My guess in the end was some sort axiety thing. Even though I didn't think I was anxious somehow your body still reacts in strange ways. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread