It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Inner Ear Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 04:47 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User
this is strange, what could it be ?

Hi every one, brief history......

10 years ago I used to hear my own voice in my head and my ears used to be blocked for 6 months or more . Then 5 years ago I started getting the horrible dizzy spells and blurrey vision problem.
Then on / off ear infections, when recently I got told I have fluid behind my ear drum. Then I got a yellow liquid pouring out from my left ear and the pressure felt better. Now when I do the "pinch your nose and blow " to clear my ears, I feel AIR blowing out of my left ear ???

what is this ? Can anyone explain ? Ive never felt it before , I have my first ENT appointment on 3rd sept.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User
Re: this is strange, what could it be ?

Youa ctually feel air blowing out of your ear or you think you feel it?

You can put your and up to your ear and feel air coming out?

If this is true you have a punctured ear drum... That is also where the yellow fluid came from.. PUS from an infection.. It is not uncommon for eardrums to puncture when an infection is present.. It puts too much pressure on the drum and it blows. I think what you need to do is call the ENT and tell them your symptoms.. Tell them you have drainage from your ear, and you think your ear drum is punctured.. They should take you today. Dont play with infections. Also, dont do the valsalva (hold your nose and blow) when you have an anfection, it can be the cause

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User

The fluid came out a couple of weeks ago, but ever since I feel the air coming out when I blow , its cold and blows down my ear but I dont feel it on my hand ? Im not getting much pain , only in the morning when I wake.
Also I can hear the air blowing down my ear, it makes a squeeky noise.
Now, I dont know what to do , its only 8 days until my ENT appointment and Im not in alot of pain so maybe I should wait till then ?

Thanks for your help.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

tummy2 HB User

No... Pain is a symptom of the Infected fluid pushing on your ear drum... Once that bursts, you will feel a whole lot better because the pain goes away, but that may not mean the infection has gone away.

If you have a hole in your eardrum, that effectively lets air pass through thr ear canal easier.. It will heal, but if you have had chronic infections, they may put tiny tubes to help the ear drain... Either way, you might want to get on anti-biotics if you need them... And obviously the sooner the better.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:04 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

mnsk HB User

Its feeling very itchy, I will get it looked at this weekend , thanks for the info.
I think tubes would help but expect id have to be severe to get them.

Old 08-24-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
(female)

Floridagirl77 HB User

mnsk,

Hi, sorry to hear about your problem. I think tummy2 is right on. You probably have perforated your ear drum. Sometimes infections can cause a hole in your ear drum. The infected fluid pushes against the ear drum and it's very painful. Once the hole happens the fluid escapes and the pain gets a lot better because the fluid isn't pressing against the ear drum anymore. You should get antibiotics right away but don't worry as the hole will repair itself in time. Hope you feel better soon!

Closed Thread