Hi everyone- I have been posting on the MS and Lyme board for about 6 months and I cannot tell you how helpful I have found it. for a year my docs passed me around scratching their heads until someone directed me to the lyme board and now I have a dx and I am on treatment. My husband asked me to try the same for him. If this is not the right board for what I am posting, please direct me.
Here is his story (and he has had the same passing around thing) I'll try to keep it short.
- July 2006 was in hospital for 3 days with severe vertigo. Could not move his head an inch without throwing up.
- He recovered well but it never really went away. Still bothered him when he did things like look around the cereal aisle at the grocery store.
- About a month ago, came back real hard. But not as bad as last July
- He finds that he is worst when his nose is runny (sorry for gross factor) Like when we have the fan or AC on, after swimming, he has allergies.
- He finds that he is extremely fatigued because his body- especially his eyes, have to compensate for his constant inability to walk straight and function.
- When it is dark, he definitely cannot walk straight. His eyes can't help him and he just bounces off the walls.
1. when pressure changes, teh vertigo increases, like 2 seconds- throws head to right side.
2. If he presses on his right ear, he can make the vertigo sensation increase.
3. Windy days make him nauseaus- wind blowing across his ears.
The only test he has had is a test in a dark room with lights that he could not finish for the nausea.
The day to day constant nature of this is really wearing him down. His last appt with an ENT told him to just wait it out- it will go away but it really is not good. He is extrememly healthy and active otherwise. But he has to work so hard at keeping his level of activity up. We would appreciate any advice anyone can give.